Horn not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry Gideon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the horn once and it made a sound for a split instant and now no sounds. I can run a wire from horn to battery and it sounds off but not when I press the steering column. Replaced black 5 prong fuse under hood, still nothing. Any ideas?

96Rammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
Okay, the 5 prong box is called a relay. Did you check the actual fuse? It should be in the same fuse box you found the relay. If you're standing against the fender looking down at the box, it is the 2nd one from the top on the far right. Should be a 20A fuse. That would be my guess.

OP
OP
Terry Gideon

Terry Gideon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, the 5 prong box is called a relay. Did you check the actual fuse? It should be in the same fuse box you found the relay. If you're standing against the fender looking down at the box, it is the 2nd one from the top on the far right. Should be a 20A fuse. That would be my guess.
Thank you, I found it and that was the problem. I thought the relay was the only "fuse" but was wrong, many thanks again!