How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Ram 2019 1500 4x4 crew cab express. What would I need to add remote entry and push-button start? I already have remote start as well.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Has anyone ran into an issue of not being able to get the driver door wiring harness connector to lock back into the cab? Any suggestions, tips, or tricks?

I've tried to get it to lock in w/ the rubber boot on and with it off.
You get it to snap on ?

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if you do this mod and previously have an aftermarket remote start installed that the remote start will still function properly or not? I have a 2014 express currently and want to do this mod but love the remote start in the winter.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
All I had to do was reprogram my bypass module for push to start and relearn the key etc
That was for both Alca and Fortin

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone have the part numbers for the painted passive entry handles in Gloss Black (Plain Black, not the Crystal Black) Paint code PX8.

-K

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Anyone have the part numbers for the painted passive entry handles in Gloss Black (Plain Black, not the Crystal Black) Paint code PX8.

-K
I'll message you my VIN 18 Laramie CC:

Edit nevermind.... Mine is brilliant black crystal (edit: PXR )

M² Mods.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'll message you my VIN 18 Laramie CC px8:

Edit nevermind.... Mine is brilliant black crystal.

M² Mods.

My plain Black is PX8, your Black Crystal is also listed as PX8?

Edit: I think the Black Crystal is PXR

-K

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@kad
You're correct Keith... Mine is a PXR code.

M² Mods.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up getting all the wiring loomed/routed, door handles and antennas installed.

Door antennas are mounted in the rear doors.

Driver's door operates flawlessly with no issues in range. Only issue on this side was not being able to get the driver door connector to snap back in place.

Passenger side unfortunately does not work. I *think* it may be because of a poor connection at the passenger door antenna.

But honestly, as much as I had this truck taken apart and all the work I got done and finally getting it all back together, I didn't really care all that much haha. Maybe I'll look into again after I get back from work in a month.

Does the antenna check in Alfa work? I thought I read even when all was working correctly, antennas or door handles read "not ok".

Thanks Jimmy and everyone else providing information on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
...Only issue on this side was not being able to get the driver door connector to snap back in place.Passenger side unfortunately does not work. I *think* it may be because of a poor connection at the passenger door antenna.

But honestly, as much as I had this truck taken apart and all the work I got done and finally getting it all back together, I didn't really care all that much haha. Maybe I'll look into again after I get back from work in a month.

Does the antenna check in Alfa work? I thought I read even when all was working correctly, antennas or door handles read "not ok".

Thanks Jimmy and everyone else providing information on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand - I put all mine about a year ago I guess, but it was so hot and I didn't have the right connectors for the handles so just left the door handles undone. Figured I would hunt down the connectors and then tear it all down again in the fall when it was cooler. That was over a year ago :). The brand new handles and antennas are still sitting in a box above my workbench, and the cabling is coiled up neatly under the carpet. Maybe this fall I will get back into it...

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For anyone who has done this mod, do you have any of the bulk terminals/connectors left over that you are willing to sell. It looks like Nexus is on to us as the minimum amount for those bulk items has been increased.

thanks,

matt

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
For anyone who has done this mod, do you have any of the bulk terminals/connectors left over that you are willing to sell. It looks like Nexus is on to us as the minimum amount for those bulk items has been increased.

thanks,

matt
What items are you after ?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@skuppy069, I haven't gotten anything yet but I figured I'd see if anyone had leftover of the ones that can only be purchased in bulk. From what I can tell, it would be these:

Antenna Connector Terminal - 1355717-1 (Cut Strip), need 12 (only sold in min qty of 100)
Door Handle Connector - 7283-6079-30, need 2 (only sold in min qty of 20)
Door Handle Connector Terminal - 7116-4720-02, need 4 (only sold in min qty of 100)

I am a little confused though because I believe on page 75 member 'Remen' mentions some additional parts (7114-4112-02 and 7116-4112-02) so I don't know if those are needed as well and in what quantity or if something on the page 1 parts list is incorrect. Any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Matt

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
@skuppy069, I haven't gotten anything yet but I figured I'd see if anyone had leftover of the ones that can only be purchased in bulk. From what I can tell, it would be these:

Antenna Connector Terminal - 1355717-1 (Cut Strip), need 12 (only sold in min qty of 100)
Door Handle Connector - 7283-6079-30, need 2 (only sold in min qty of 20)
Door Handle Connector Terminal - 7116-4720-02, need 4 (only sold in min qty of 100)

I am a little confused though because I believe on page 75 member 'Remen' mentions some additional parts (7114-4112-02 and 7116-4112-02) so I don't know if those are needed as well and in what quantity or if something on the page 1 parts list is incorrect. Any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Matt
As far as the door handle connectors go if you where ok with just using a two pin molex connector instead etc
That’s what I did and has been fine .I made a spare harness with some cables it just doesn’t have the door handle connectors on it .
I was just going to put a molex connector on it and then would just put the receiving molex end on the door handle wires etc .
If you decide to go with the molex connector you could just get everything from mouser

Last edited:

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an extra C2 connector with 16 pins, 3 antenna handle connectors and 30ish antenna pins.

a909c1f40936f907658c52cc44c0383f.jpg

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for the ones who have done this. Is it safe to assume there are grey connectors in all of the door harnesses? I have a Crew Cab. I know the front drivers side has green and grey and the front passenger side doesn't have green, I assume it has grey. I haven't opened up my doors yet and am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I begin on this and I would like to pin the wiring if at all possible.

If I put the antennas in the factory location in the back (I have to open it up to replace the door handles anyway because I have the textured all black door handles), and I am only wiring front door handles, can I pin everything using the grey connectors in each door? Is there space for them to be pinned? And are these the correct pins to do the job and if so how many do I need? I would think 8 of each but I just want to make sure.

Rear door harness female terminals (gray connector) - 7116-4100-02
Rear door harness male terminals (gray connector) - 7114-4100-02

So to recap, I want to pin the antenna wiring in the back door wire harness (grey connector) and also pin the front door handle wiring in the front door wire harness (grey connectors as well) if that is possible. Final question, anyone have a lead on those parts if they are in fact correct where I don't have to buy 100 of each?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone have a picture of the factory location for the "under center console" antenna?

Thanks