How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
For some reason I am unable to see pictures on TapTalk all the sudden. If it's a 20 pin gray plug that looks like the one in this picture and you don't have the corresponding connector in your truck side harness you do not have the correct wiring for power/heated vented seats. 0f916b1bdace72bc13927f340586d3b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's a 6 pin grey plug

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I went the poor man's route and got two of these for the truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798LJDV3/ref=psdc_3767531_t1_B06Y2V5VZK heated and massaging seat cushion I don't really need a cooling seat have AC for that. Add one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HG3ZTSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to plugin in both at once behind my jump seat and the rear area has access to 2 USB charging ports as well. I looked at going the full heat/cool seat route but I have to say these cushions are working pretty darn well and for a lot less money!

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately I can't see the picture. All of the other connectors should connect on the opposite side of the seat. There are three of them. It may be for rear heated seats.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Thank you, so if i grab a donor Laramie rear seat, will it just plug in play?

Depends on your truck. The easiest way is to look at the plug under the rear seat and see if you have 5 wires, 2 wires, or no wires plugged in back there. If you have the 5 then it will plug and play with the right center console wiring and switches on the back of the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Depends on your truck. The easiest way is to look at the plug under the rear seat and see if you have 5 wires, 2 wires, or no wires plugged in back there. If you have the 5 then it will plug and play with the right center console wiring and switches on the back of the console.

where is the plug located?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
where is the plug located?

If you lift up the back seat there is one on each side. On the frame. Little grey 6 pin plug.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I have 2 wires

So if you get seats you can have the lights under the rear seats. You would have to add wiring to get the heated seats.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Mine is a 17 Quad Cab. I only had the two settings and got memory working and programmed the fob. Since you have a regular cab, definitely check to make sure the wiring is there on the other side of the door connector.
Oldfarmer's truck is a 17. I just talked to him and he said it's been so long since he did it he can't remember for sure if there were 2 codes or 3 codes but in either case as stated by fearroyo I'm pretty sure mine worked with just the two as well. Also another thing to consider is I didn't realize your truck was a regular cab since they have a longer door maybe they have a different door harness and since memory was never an option on the sport and to the best my knowledge I cannot get a regular cab in a Laramie maybe you do not have the correct wires running to the door module. You can easily check by looking at the opposite side of the connector you pinned the wires to and see if they have a corresponding wire pinned on the other side.

My luck its the wiring. Ugh......if I am reading the electrical diagram correctly (I am a noob on electrical diagrams), it looks like wire #3 of the IN LINE BODY/DOOR connector goes to slot #6 / C5 / Door Module and wire #10 of the IN LINE BODY/DOOR connector goes to slot #7 / C5 / Door Module.

Well, no joy...... I will wait a bit to pull the door panel since I have new ones on the way. Just might as well wait till the new door panels are here and then take a look at the wiring going to the door module.

Thought I update my efforts to get the memory settings to function of the Laramie seats I installed in my 2017 2500 SLT which happens to be a regular cab, it just maybe helpful to someone else down the road. After I had added a wire harness from the yellow connector under the driver's seat to the CANBUS and to the In Line Door Connector, as well as installing new mirrors with memory (the infamous "chrome" capped one's) I still had no memory function. Rick's Ram had success in doing this. After checking all the necessary BCM changes that are needed and confirming they were made properly, I figured it had to be missing wiring. So I had M2Mods make me another harness that went from the driver's door module to the In Line Door Connector. After getting the new harness I pulled the door panel and sure enough the C5 connector on the door module did NOT have wires in slots #6 and #7. Pinned them and ran the new harness through the factory openings, looks just like OEM. More importantly, memory, Tilt in Reverse and Easy Exit now all work. Some pics below:

Missing wires in slot #6 and #7 of the C5 connector (top row, far left slots)
427362[/ATTACH]']Zu0uZUnl.jpg

And Memory!
427364[/ATTACH]']zLDzHpnl.jpg

Attachments

• Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • zLDzHpnl.jpg
    zLDzHpnl.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought I update my efforts to get the memory settings to function of the Laramie seats I installed in my 2017 2500 SLT which happens to be a regular cab, it just maybe helpful to someone else down the road. After I had added a wire harness from the yellow connector under the driver's seat to the CANBUS and to the In Line Door Connector, as well as installing new mirrors with memory (the infamous "chrome" capped one's) I still had no memory function. Rick's Ram had success in doing this. After checking all the necessary BCM changes that are needed and confirming they were made properly, I figured it had to be missing wiring. So I had M2Mods make me another harness that went from the driver's door module to the In Line Door Connector. After getting the new harness I pulled the door panel and sure enough the C5 connector on the door module did NOT have wires in slots #6 and #7. Pinned them and ran the new harness through the factory openings, looks just like OEM. More importantly, memory, Tilt in Reverse and Easy Exit now all work. Some pics below:

Missing wires in slot #6 and #7 of the C5 connector (top row, far left slots)
427378[/ATTACH]']Zu0uZUnl.jpg

And Memory!
427380[/ATTACH]']zLDzHpnl.jpg
Glad to see you got it working. It's strange how my truck and the others we have done had the wiring from the door module to the door harness and your truck didn't. In any case it's good to know for others that may run into the same situation in the future. I really like the memory function. I don't use the tilt in reverse setting as much because I don't always want them to tilt. Now I just adjust down whatever mirror I may need when I park and as soon as I touch my door handle to get back in the truck it automatically goes back to my memory settings.

Attachments

• Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • zLDzHpnl.jpg
    zLDzHpnl.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Big Horn. Would it be possible to add the heated steering wheel if I have the wheel, clock spring and the control module from under the seat?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Big Horn. Would it be possible to add the heated steering wheel if I have the wheel, clock spring and the control module from under the seat?

Definitely possible. Plus the Big Horn could get heated seats and steering wheel as a factory option, so the wiring might actually already be there as well.

Im sure the guys who know more about the wiring will chime in, but I would get pics of all the connectors under your drivers seat. Both "ends" of the connection (i.e. coming in from the truck and then going out to the seat)

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck is a Bighorn so should have the wiring but you would need to add the seat side wiring to connect to the heated seat module. Your truck should have two pink wires with yellow stripes going to the drivers side yellow seat plug. If it does you have the correct wiring. We have had the heated seats work without the heated wheel but I don't know if anyone who has attempted the heated wheel only. In theory it should also work as long as you have the correct wiring. I would reccomend contacting Benny at Allmoparparts.com who is a vendor on the forum and see if you can order a heated seat harness and then remove your seat harness and install the new one that will have all the wiring to connect to the module. It would be much easier that trying to build your own and source all the connectors and pins to connect to the heated seat module plus your existing seat plugs. You will also need to enable the codes with the alpha tool.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll start working towards this. I found the module and clockspring at allmoparparts, I have the wheel. As work permits I'll start to try to figure this out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat