How to Fluid Film your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reminds me of peanut butter sauce they use on ice cream.

If you get one of those drill-driven paddle attachments, stir up the 5 gallon for a few minutes with it and it will get a little easier to flow and more like a liquid than a paste. Once I did that I was able to (easily) spray it with the $20 harbor freight electric sprayer.

That was for my old truck, though....RAM gets Corrosion Free.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Reminds me of peanut butter sauce they use on ice cream.

If you get one of those drill-driven paddle attachments, stir up the 5 gallon for a few minutes with it and it will get a little easier to flow and more like a liquid than a paste. Once I did that I was able to (easily) spray it with the $20 harbor freight electric sprayer.

That was for my old truck, though....RAM gets Corrosion Free.

I use a bent filler rod or coat hanger on the drill[emoji16]

I still may heat it. It will atomize much easier when warm.

Also good to hear that someone else has good results with the $20 electric sprayer from Harbor freight.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
[emoji847][emoji847]

FYI:

Corey, you are right. I wait until it’s too cold to spray my truck and that is the reason that it is so thick and I need to heat it. Right now the stuff is pretty liquidy.

I guess I have to stop spraying at the end of October

06c8bffbf7a9b39983eda85645a7c357.jpgc14b50c1eb502fd64870bb4b632eb6f1.jpg

Get some good face masks or you'll be breathing in that stuff.

And eye protection

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Get some good face masks or you'll be breathing in that stuff.

And eye protection

Iv done this for years multiply times a year.

I use a respirator, full tyvek suit, rubber gloves and eye protection.

Reason I always waited till end of October to do it was because the suits are so dang hot[emoji23]

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep I wear a full Tyvek suit, mask, goggles, and gloves. If not you’ll be COVERED in dirt and FF. Not a fun job to do by any means but it beats dealing with rot holes[emoji106]

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are the early 4th gen rams holding up after annual fluidfilm, krown, corrosionfree, etc hold up? The newer 4th gen hoods are aluminum so they probably don't need to be sprayed. I religious spray my '17 annually with frequent touch ups because up in the north east, they salt like crazy

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hoods rust from inside the engine compartment above the headlight area. Answering your question, they don't hold up.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Today is the day. Used a vacation day to get it done. Put the FF in the stove room last night to get it a bit warmer. It is still nice and fluid..... unless i put it outside.

Forgot my tyvek suit at work[emoji23][emoji16]. Guess i am finding some disposable cloths[emoji23]. Going to used my new ramps to give me more elbow room under the front of the truck

6b4091a7e1f4c269c55e649dcaf408d2.jpg

570b58ce0b6d2781c849652d52f43b37.jpg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
How are the early 4th gen rams holding up after annual fluidfilm, krown, corrosionfree, etc hold up? The newer 4th gen hoods are aluminum so they probably don't need to be sprayed. I religious spray my '17 annually with frequent touch ups because up in the north east, they salt like crazy

The closer it is to the road the more often it needs spraying.

I do my undercarriage and inside my frame once a year (once I get a good coat, i was doing it 2X a year to do that)

my tailgate gets washed out and re-sprayed once a year.

Bed sides and front fenders are done once a year.

Inside doors are every other year,

hood is every other year or maybe even stretched out the 3 years (it is still leaking FF in spots).

Whee well lips get cleaned and re-apply FF-AR once a year.

And everything else is subject to appearance. If it needs it it gets it.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Fluid Film AR is great stuff[emoji106]

I wish we could find a way to heat it and spray it[emoji1787]. We would not have to fluid film ourtruck but every 3-4 years[emoji1787]

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do you buy your Fluid Film AR?

Im considering some of it just for the wheel well area, in addition to the Corrosion Free I spray on the rest of the truck.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Where do you buy your Fluid Film AR?

Im considering some of it just for the wheel well area, in addition to the Corrosion Free I spray on the rest of the truck.

Well i dont know what is going on here.

This is the website I got it from and I think Cory got it there too. It looks like they’re changing their website and their product line is also changing to something called “WOOLWAX”
https://www.kellsportproducts.com/

Looks like they still have fluid from products but I don’t see the past version of AR right now

going to have to find a different source. The one We have been using is in a small container and you have to use a paintbrush or your fingers to apply it as the consistency is like grease.

Search for Fluid Film AR

Here is mine

7d5b0ce8d4a8de67c305b18a9557d7b4.jpg9794a9e93ac6a3804c253c0a3fb74ebb.jpg

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Applied my Fluid Film earlier this week. Bought 1-gallon from Amazon. I also got an undercoating spray gun: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070WTGZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It was in the 50's outside. Even after leaving the Fluid Film in the sun the consistency was pretty thick. However, the undercoating spray gun didn't have any issues! I have a 21-gallon HF air compressor. I put the truck on jacks and removed the wheels and wheel well liners (front and back). Also dropped the spare. Last year I used the spray cans. Got much better coverage this year. I covered the garage floor with cardboard boxes. There was a little more overspray than I hoped for. Truck needed a wash afterwards. Super happy with the results. Front wheel well liners had some push pins that broke. Found new ones on ebay for cheap. Also, just a heads up, there are some wiring harnesses that are attached to the front wheel well liners. i didn't really expect that. Took a little while to do correctly, but very satisfied with the results.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NH Oil Undercoating makes a "wheel well guard" product that is supposed to be paint-brushed on. My guess is its similar to Fluid Film AR.

Not sure how well it "stays" because it only comes in a gallon for $60, and I doubt I would use a gallon in just the wheel well areas. I would use the regular NH oil undercoating to spray the rest of the truck.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well i dont know what is going on here.

This is the website I got it from and I think Cory got it there too. It looks like they’re changing their website and their product line is also changing to something called “WOOLWAX”
https://www.kellsportproducts.com/

Looks like they still have fluid from products but I don’t see the past version of AR right now

going to have to find a different source. The one We have been using is in a small container and you have to use a paintbrush or your fingers to apply it as the consistency is like grease.

Search for Fluid Film AR

Here is mine

7d5b0ce8d4a8de67c305b18a9557d7b4.jpg9794a9e93ac6a3804c253c0a3fb74ebb.jpg

Yeah I got mine from there. That complany seems to have switched to Woolwax so I'm not entirely sure where to get AR from now....

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I got mine from there. That complany seems to have switched to Woolwax so I'm not entirely sure where to get AR from now....

I treated my Ram with Woolwax about a week ago. My brother bought a 5gal bucket of it and the spray gun kit from keller this spring and did up his 2019 classic with it. He loved the way it turned out so much he insisted I use his kit to try on my truck.

It is about the consistency of butterscotch pudding like what's in that jar pic'd above, but sprays very well with their "premium" spray gun kit as long as temperatures are pretty warm. I'm not sure it would work well in temps below 65F or so.

Anyway.. sorry if it's been mentioned in this monster thread, but the stuff is awesome. It's an all natural lanolin product. It smells nice and doesn't drip at all.

I shot in the rocker panels, doors, tailgate, etc. pulled the rear wheel well liners to get up in there. Pulled the spare tire, did a full undercoat as best I could with 4 wheels on the ground.

I had my truck treated with Krown last year. For the ~$165 it costs all in, I'm not sure I was thrilled with it. I couldn't tell it was on there after a few weeks. You can definitely tell this woolwax product is on there.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The woolwax is interesting. the one thing I do NOT see yet is any mention of it being in contact with rubber or plastic?

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you guys seen this Youtube video? It's one of the best undercoating comparison videos I've seen. The tester uses Fluid Film on his personal vehicle. Regular old Fluid Film is cheap, easy to apply, readily available and works well. I guess i would worry about it holding up in the wheel wells, but I have liners in front and back. If you are willing to apply once a year, seems like a no-brainer.