How to Fluid Film your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive never found the cost of any of the products very prohibitive.

Availability? It takes about 5 days to get my Corrosion Free from Canada, for $65/gallon shipped.

Is it a better product? I think so, but thats just this guys opinion

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The woolwax is interesting. the one thing I do NOT see yet is any mention of it being in contact with rubber or plastic?

My brother about dipped his 2019 classic in the stuff back in June and so far so good. I had some mishaps with the stuff when I did my Ram. One being I shot up into the B-pillers and got some globs of woolwax on the retracted seatbelts! Perfect circle patterns that must have blown through an internal baffle with holes. Anyway.. It wiped right off with no staining at all. Another goofy note, I get bad hand eczema. Woolwax actually made my hands feel great. How's that for a disturbing visual.. LOL.

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Have you guys seen this Youtube video? It's one of the best undercoating comparison videos I've seen. The tester uses Fluid Film on his personal vehicle. Regular old Fluid Film is cheap, easy to apply, readily available and works well. I guess i would worry about it holding up in the wheel wells, but I have liners in front and back. If you are willing to apply once a year, seems like a no-brainer.

Thanks for sharing

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@U&A do you remove and replace the AR on the wheel well lips every year? Mine looks like I just applied it....

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
@U&A do you remove and replace the AR on the wheel well lips every year? Mine looks like I just applied it....

Depends on how much dirt is caked on.

But regardless... Yesterday I loosened the liners in the wheel wells reached my finger in between there and pointed the garden hose in there and scrubbed it all out. Basically I removed all the loose dirt and actually there was still plenty of AR left after.

So I just needed a light coat this time.

I don’t know if it’s the environment I’m in but I get a lot of dirt trapped in between there in one year.

It almost makes me consider some low profile fender flares. I think they would cover up the lip a little better to help keep dirt out.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've considered fender flares but they all seem to attach with 3M tape. I want to be able to remove them annually and 3M tape won't let me do that....

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've considered fender flares but they all seem to attach with 3M tape. I want to be able to remove them annually and 3M tape won't let me do that....

I did not know that. Than fender flares are not an option for me either

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

I did not know that. Than fender flares are not an option for me either

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found a set of eBay flares a while back that had no 3M but they had some pretty bad reviews about fitment.

I think flares would be a great idea to protect the wheel well lips from sand and stone damage but I need to be able to remove them for inspection and FF application...

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Guys, the ones I have you use the 3M tape so the protecting rubber sticks to the flare. Then the rubber is just push on to the fender and the fender(inner fender) screws is what is holding it in place. But you need to cover the paint with some 3M tape so you not get scratches when dirt is getting between the rubber seal and the paint on your fender

https://www.roughcountry.com/rc-dod...912c.html?find=2015-dodge-ram-1500-4wd-374170

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled the wheel well liners when I applied this year. I highly recommend doing this as it allows you to get the inside of the fenders very well. However, the front wheel well liners were held in by screws AND some plastic push pins. There were 3 plastic pins on each side, so 6 total. Every single one broke. Dealer is stupid expensive for these little plastic parts. Found them on Ebay, pack of 30, on the cheap. Now I have enough for a few years. Here's the link if anyone needs them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/30x-Push-Type-Retainer-Bumper-Clip-Fastener-6506293AA-for-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-US/383059608300?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
and it's black if you dye it?

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
woolwax is black and thicker. Made by FF I used it on mine

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started spray on oil undercoating within 2 months of buying my truck new, so Ive always used the clear stuff.

If I were working on a truck that already had corrosion, rust, etc I would use the black stuff just to make it look pretty.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I treated my Ram with Woolwax about a week ago. My brother bought a 5gal bucket of it and the spray gun kit from keller this spring and did up his 2019 classic with it. He loved the way it turned out so much he insisted I use his kit to try on my truck.

It is about the consistency of butterscotch pudding like what's in that jar pic'd above, but sprays very well with their "premium" spray gun kit as long as temperatures are pretty warm. I'm not sure it would work well in temps below 65F or so.

Anyway.. sorry if it's been mentioned in this monster thread, but the stuff is awesome. It's an all natural lanolin product. It smells nice and doesn't drip at all.

I shot in the rocker panels, doors, tailgate, etc. pulled the rear wheel well liners to get up in there. Pulled the spare tire, did a full undercoat as best I could with 4 wheels on the ground.

I had my truck treated with Krown last year. For the ~$165 it costs all in, I'm not sure I was thrilled with it. I couldn't tell it was on there after a few weeks. You can definitely tell this woolwax product is on there.

How is the dirt and grim with the wool wax?

It seems like a good product. I like the fact that fluid film can be removed and it doesn’t appear to attract a ton of dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro