How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Paid 700+ for my UAS, sorry but when it comes time to sell it not let'n you all set the sale with what you like to pay for one, a member pointed out UAQ on ebay for under 700 with in a few hours of the posting by the time I was ready to hit the buy it now it was gone, there are great deals out there, if this upgrade is worth the waiting, but even when I thought I was beating the ebay sellers extortion price I got a UAS for a UAQ, I love the Newer radio it's so much better then the Harmon but I found I like my built in NAV more

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Paid 700+ for my UAS, sorry but when it comes time to sell it not let'n you all set the sale with what you like to pay for one, a member pointed out UAQ on ebay for under 700 with in a few hours of the posting by the time I was ready to hit the buy it now it was gone, there are great deals out there, if this upgrade is worth the waiting, but even when I thought I was beating the ebay sellers extortion price I got a UAS for a UAQ, I love the Newer radio it's so much better then the Harmon but I found I like my built in NAV more

Agreed....while I do believe some of you guys got your UAS\UAQ's really cheap, its just not a reality now anyways. I scoured the internet for months looking for a good unit....several popped up at a decent price on car-parts but they were gone quick or they wouldn't ship. Theres a UAS on there right now for $1000!! from a salvage yard! I think they are getting smart to the fact these radios are very sought after. I feel like my 549 on ebay for a UAQ with a bad screen is worth it...found a screen for sub 200. after the media hub and cable from MRGRIMM I am under 800 for basically a new looking UAQ unit

cblood95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Agreed. Prices are getting higher and higher. I have been searching for a few months and have not found one at as good of a price as I see people saying they paid from here.

I did find a UAQ today for $250 from a junk yard about 4 hours away. Should have it tomorrow. The catch is, someone bought it and then returned it claiming it was not working. Yard tested it and said it worked when they sent it out the first time but now they can't test it again since the truck it came out of was dismantled. I figured worst case is I have to take it apart and try to repair it, send it out for repair, or just resell or use it for parts on another one.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Agreed. Prices are getting higher and higher. I have been searching for a few months and have not found one at as good of a price as I see people saying they paid from here.

I did find a UAQ today for $250 from a junk yard about 4 hours away. Should have it tomorrow. The catch is, someone bought it and then returned it claiming it was not working. Yard tested it and said it worked when they sent it out the first time but now they can't test it again since the truck it came out of was dismantled. I figured worst case is I have to take it apart and try to repair it, send it out for repair, or just resell or use it for parts on another one.
Interested to know if you get it working! That would be a great price!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

David_411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You really do need to move fast on these radios.
My radio came, it was not the 2019 classic version like was specified, It was from the new body style.

Sigh, I should have grabbed the 2020 classic radio when it was available, I wavered and it was gone within a day.

Still waiting on my guy to find another new takeoff.

cblood95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Interested to know if you get it working! That would be a great price!

Good news is I got it today. Plugged it in everything came on and worked upon first boot up. However the screen randomly will start having ghost touch issues and it is missing the white FAKRA plug for FM. Will order an adapter to fix that.

I'll likely take it apart tomorrow and make sure all the connections for the screen are tight. Figured one may have came loose. Once that's done all I need is to get my harness from M2, and find the compass hub and I am in business.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good news is I got it today. Plugged it in everything came on and worked upon first boot up. However the screen randomly will start having ghost touch issues and it is missing the white FAKRA plug for FM. Will order an adapter to fix that.

I'll likely take it apart tomorrow and make sure all the connections for the screen are tight. Figured one may have came loose. Once that's done all I need is to get my harness from M2, and find the compass hub and I am in business.
I had one do the same thing. It turned out to be a bad screen. If that's the only issue congratulations. That's an easy fix and the screen can be found for $100-$200.

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just found a uaq for $530 shipped does anyone know what the going rate for a 2014 Ra4 NA w/nav are going for?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck I did some hard searching on car-part and was able to find one [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

cblood95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
I had one do the same thing. It turned out to be a bad screen. If that's the only issue congratulations. That's an easy fix and the screen can be found for $100-$200.

Looks like you were right. Took it apart and no change. Gonna start hunting for a screen. Looks like all the ones I can find on Ebay and Alibaba are about a month out at least. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looks like you were right. Took it apart and no change. Gonna start hunting for a screen. Looks like all the ones I can find on Ebay and Alibaba are about a month out at least. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!
I bought from this seller but I only paid $160. It took two weeks to arrive pre-covid. I'd go for the cheapest Chinese seller you find because shipping time will likely be similar for all...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183864179347

cblood95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That looks great! Do you have a 3D file you can share if I wanted to print one for myself?

When you guys get all this sorted out, id live to have something like this!

Hub is on the way, and I’ve already posted on M2Mods vendor section. For the conversion harness

I do have one issue:

d834bfbb89d4f8a0e47abff0cb0acb48.jpg

The guy I bought it from didn’t have a PIN, and the only VIN I have is the one from the seller’s truck, not the donor.

Any suggestions?