How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
haha....ya for sure...hey as long as it still works...their loss is my gain...haha
good to know on the bezel...a if its thin metal, i'll bend it back into place.

So screen came in today and I did the swap. Easy peasy. Got the unlock code and swapped over my XM service. All that’s left I’d the Nav keeps “searching for satellites”. I assume that will work itself out over the next day or so?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So screen came in today and I did the swap. Easy peasy. Got the unlock code and swapped over my XM service. All that’s left I’d the Nav keeps “searching for satellites”. I assume that will work itself out over the next day or so?
Now throw this screen protector on to keep the easily scratched factory protector in good shape...

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/2327248

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
So I’ve had my UAQ in now for 24 hours. It still can’t find any satellites. The rest of the stereo works perfect. Will it fix itself? Or do I have to have the dealership flash it

cblood95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
So I’ve had my UAQ in now for 24 hours. It still can’t find any satellites. The rest of the stereo works perfect. Will it fix itself? Or do I have to have the dealership flash it

Make sure all your connections are tight in the back for the antennas. Could be a loose one.

sac2dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Do you mean you're seeing the "Loading" display with the Earth and the marching dots?

Mine comes and goes. If I reset the UAQ, the Nav will work for a while, but eventually it'll do that again. It'd be great if there were a way to reset that app and have it reload. Heck, it'd be great if I could soft reset the unit itself without having to carry around a wrench and detach the negative cable whenever I have an issue.

Does yours store your phone pairing, or do you find yourself having to "re-pair" your phone the next day?

Otherwise, yes, it works great! :happy175:

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Make sure all your connections are tight in the back for the antennas. Could be a loose one.

no. It loads the earth screen. Then it pops up a map with the little truck icon. On a street that I believe is in Colorado (I’m in New Mexico). Lol. And it just says “looking for satellites”. I reset it. Phone pairs fine and stays paired. Pulled all plugs. Including opening up the unit and made sure everything in there was connected. I even re-connected my old unit and the gps comes right up. Oh well. I’ll see what happens in the next couple days.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
no. It loads the earth screen. Then it pops up a map with the little truck icon. On a street that I believe is in Colorado (I’m in New Mexico). Lol. And it just says “looking for satellites”. I reset it. Phone pairs fine and stays paired. Pulled all plugs. Including opening up the unit and made sure everything in there was connected. I even re-connected my old unit and the gps comes right up. Oh well. I’ll see what happens in the next couple days.
Do the UAQs have an additional fakra plug on the back with an additional (separate) GPS connection? Are there open plugs on the back? If so what color are they?

Last edited:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No iirc the UAQ radios just have the standard GPS /Sirius antenna connection to run the navigation. If you swap them into a truck that had an RA2 you can just run them off the puck antenna. The only extra connection is for the Uconnect when you run a shark fin. But we all know if it wasn't born with Uconnect you're never going to get it, LOL. But if somebody ever figures out how to get that Uconnect, I've already got that shark fin in place on mine.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Do the UAQs have an additional fakra plug on the back with an additional (separate) GPS connection? Are there open plugs on the back? If so what color are they?

Actually, there's a seperate, dedicated 'pink' connector for a GPS antenna that can be used in conjunction with the dual use SXM/GPS antenna on the 4th gen UAQ/UAS radios in factory trucks .... Although it's not required (mustard sxm connector works fine on its own usually for the upgrades).

If it's not locking on, it may have a bad cellular/GPS card like we have seen on the previous RAx radios. (Get stuck in default location)

M² Mods.
e6252462c5cc7f2c53fb744956094e38.jpg

Last edited:

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Actually, there's a seperate, dedicated 'pink' connector for a GPS antenna that can be used in conjunction with the dual use SXM/GPS antenna on the 4th gen UAQ/UAS radios in factory trucks .... Although it's not required (mustard sxm connector works fine on its own usually for the upgrades).

If it's not locking on, it may have a bad cellular/GPS card like we have seen on the previous RAx radios. (Get stuck in default location)

M² Mods.
Yep. Looks like it’s stuck in that location. I am pulling the battery now in hopes it fixes it. If not. Maybe I can change the gps card?

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

M² Mods.

I think Grimm what you have circled is the combined video input for surround 360 the black plug being the control interface

@Roman217
One thing to note, the UAQ radio also has the "red" fakra input connector from the CVPM. The UAQ radio also shows the "Surround View" button in the Controls section when the CVPM is activated in the BCM so it may be possible to get it working with the UAQ radio but maybe not with all the camera angle controls that the UAV radio will have.

I think the secondary GPS is the Pink FAKRA next to the Mustard FAKRA

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Your correct about about the red camera module connector. That's just the picture I could find... Pink GPS connector is to the left.

M² Mods.