How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Pretty messed up. Seller said it worked as it should before it was pulled out. ebay number 114313776926 if you wanna see the auction View attachment 216337
Yikes! You'll need to straighten out the black screen retaining bezel to secure your new screen properly. If you look in the top left corner you can see it's bent.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Yikes! You'll need to straighten out the black screen retaining bezel to secure your new screen properly. If you look in the top left corner you can see it's bent.

right on...is that something I can transplant from my radio?

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to tell what radio is a 4c just by the part number? I know there are a ton of different part numbers out there.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Looks like somebody punched that radio in the faceplate.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nope, that one has a plastic screen retainer that's integrated into the mounting tabs too.

It shouldn't be too hard to bend it back in place. It's fairly thin metal that just clips onto the rest of the radio housing.

I couldn't see the eBay listing but if they are accepting offers I'd throw out a low ball citing a $300-$400 cost to replace the screen and see what they say (if it already has bids this won't be a good approach).

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
haha....ya for sure...hey as long as it still works...their loss is my gain...haha
good to know on the bezel...a if its thin metal, i'll bend it back into place.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
haha....ya for sure...hey as long as it still works...their loss is my gain...haha
good to know on the bezel...a if its thin metal, i'll bend it back into place.
Make sure there is some kinda warranty unless they deeply discount it. It would really sucks to replace the screen and find the radio is a faulty still. I'd fire it up before even replacing the screen too.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just wait on it. I managed to score one for under $550 and it was in perfect condition.
This is what I would do and I also probably wouldn't spend more than $600 for a UAQ. I've found one for as low as $500 in good shape and pointed someone on this forum to it.

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I can share whatever files people would want once I'm done with it. Printing possibly the final version now, so I'll know in about 3 hours. I created the model in Fusion 360. It is my first 3d model that I made myself for printing. Getting very close now. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to update the 3d design to fit whatever hub people wanted.

This was like 15mins and a scrap of ABS plastic. I didn't even have to paint it. Your's does look good though. I just didn't have all that extra time to spend on it.

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_3909-2.jpg

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what I would do and I also probably wouldn't spend more than $600 for a UAQ. I've found one for as low as $500 in good shape and pointed someone on this forum to it.

Patience is the key. I also managed to score a complete set of CC Laramie seats for $440 out the door and a 32gal gas tank for $75, and a LED camera 3rd brake light for around $120.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Patience is the key. I also managed to score a complete set of CC Laramie seats for $440 out the door and a 32gal gas tank for $75, and a LED camera 3rd brake light for around $120.
I'll pile on and say persistence too. Many times you can pick up these items at the correct market value instead of the inflated middleman price. You just have to beat the middleman to the phone...

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Found this today while I’m doing some traveling with family. $500 bad? No way to test it, since I’m not in my truck.

It is a good price if it works and an expensive paper weight if it does not. Any warranty or guarantee of working?
I paid $400 for my UAS from a salvage yard (had to regularly check car-parts to find one). It did have some screen protector issues (like permanant finger prints) but I also had access to a known good screen if peeling the protector didn't go well. I think it really comes down to patience and risk acceptance.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It is a good price if it works and an expensive paper weight if it does not. Any warranty or guarantee of working?
I paid $400 for my UAS from a salvage yard (had to regularly check car-parts to find one). It did have some screen protector issues (like permanant finger prints) but I also had access to a known good screen if peeling the protector didn't go well. I think it really comes down to patience and risk acceptance.

He sent me a picture of it working this morning. No warranty that I’m aware of.