How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sword3274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Just tell them it’s a upgrade no vin needed and yes that is the correct PN

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

Thanks for the speedy supply!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the speedy supply!

I usually try and order for the same eBay buyer every time cause shipping is only 1 day through USPS.(they are in Dallas I’m in Fort Worth) And now they know me so they don’t even ask me for the vin anymore they just ship it lol

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

sword3274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Wanted to give you all an update...

Got the new hub in today. It took about 10 minutes to install! Once I got the fabric and the piece over the cup holders off, all I had to do was reach under the tray and unsnap the littel brackets that held it in place. Then unplugged the wires, plugged the new ones in and boom! The best news is...

CarPlay now works!! Plugged in the phone, turned on the car, and it started right up! Man, was I relieved! :)

Thanks to everyone who advised, directed, and otherwise helped me get this done. You guys are awesome!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wanted to give you all an update...

Got the new hub in today. It took about 10 minutes to install! Once I got the fabric and the piece over the cup holders off, all I had to do was reach under the tray and unsnap the littel brackets that held it in place. Then unplugged the wires, plugged the new ones in and boom! The best news is...

CarPlay now works!! Plugged in the phone, turned on the car, and it started right up! Man, was I relieved! :)

Thanks to everyone who advised, directed, and otherwise helped me get this done. You guys are awesome!
And all that at a reasonable price!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

sword3274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Yeah man! For the radio, bezel, HVAC module, harness, and new hub I probably paid around $800. I hope to sell the old radio, old bezel, and old hub for ~ $250, which would make my upgrade about $550. Heck, even if I sold the old stuff for $100, that's still a damn good deal!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah man! For the radio, bezel, HVAC module, harness, and new hub I probably paid around $800. I hope to sell the old radio, old bezel, and old hub for ~ $250, which would make my upgrade about $550. Heck, even if I sold the old stuff for $100, that's still a damn good deal!

I’m glad everything worked out with the new hub. With all the troubleshooting we did that was the only option that made sense.

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!, MTC to ATC Mod, OEM Remote Start

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah. If he would have gone with Infotainment. It would have cost him $2000........ I did my conversion for about $1000 cause my radio wasn’t as cheap as his was lol

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!, MTC to ATC Mod, OEM Remote Start

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK so todays question, is a radio with a pn#68331631AF a go or no go for a 2018 1500 upgrade?
Is it the same as the 68331631AH with just a different suffix?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK so todays question, is a radio with a pn#68331631AF a go or no go for a 2018 1500 upgrade?
Is it the same as the 68331631AH with just a different suffix?

Yes just a different revision same radio.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Haha...yeah, I initially posted asking about that Infotainment. I've grown up so fast! :) I would've seriously been in the hole if I went that route!

i just got off the phone with them,ugh. I've been going round and round trying to find a UAQ. Infotainment will buy the UAS I have for $300 and sell me the UAQ for $1600 less 10% :jester:. I told them I don't need the media hub, but they won't split it up and sell just the radio alone. Also they sounded disappointed that I also didn't need the $600 bezel kit.

So the bottom line is I found a 68331631AH at LKQ online for a really affordable price and ordered it.

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just got off the phone with them,ugh. I've been going round and round trying to find a UAQ. Infotainment will buy the UAS I have for $300 and sell me the UAQ for $1600 less 10% :jester:. I told them I don't need the media hub, but they won't spit it up and sell just the radio alone. Also they sounded disappointed that I also didn't need the $600 bezel kit.

So the bottom line is I found a 68331631AH at LKQ online for a really affordable price and ordered it.

I would say post the UAS here in the forum for sale section and someone will for sure buy it from you. I honestly could only find UAQ radios on eBay and everything and could not find a UAS to save my life. Most people don’t care for the Nav just want the CarPlay ability.

Honestly IMO infotainment is way way overpriced and it’s easier to sell the radios yourself cause they are going to low ball the hell outta you. UAQs go for around $800 on eBay. I’ve seen a few UAS on eBay for $700-$1000.(IMO UAS have more of a demand)

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted the radio for CarPlay but the funniest thing is I don’t even use CarPlay for navigation only for music. I drove from Fort Worth to Detroit for thanksgiving. And loved having the Nav on the radio. It was more convenient when stopping to get gas and food didn’t have to keep plugging my phone In And unplugging it.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The UAS was the one I had the microphone problem and shipped it back to the eBay seller for a refund. I got the low trade-in price from Infotainment Monday and then contacted the seller, who accepted the return. If I have the same problem with the UAQ and the microphone issue using the Infotainment microphone interface harness, I'll contact the wizard Mpgrimm2 and have him make me some kind harness to replicate the OEM setup.
Bottom line is that if I had found this wonderful forum before I first started with Infotainment I'd have been done with this part of my mods a long time ago. The only thing I'm waiting on is Deereguy to build a my overhead console harness and then I'm on to the outside :driver:

Last edited:

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my new radio today. It is indeed a 631AI. I'll begin the swap at some point soon. Kinda have an expensive crisis going on needing a new front differential since evidently they don't sell the passenger side extension housing separately. Spend money on an upgrade. Have a double the price repair to be made .

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took a dinner break. I will say the infotainment harness to maintain the heated functions was a little bit of a mother. No where near as easy to plug in as the connector was on my old radio. Was even difficult plugging into the radio to.

A little nervous since my new radio is definitely a 631ai and jeep came on the screen as soon as I plugged it in. Is it possible it was just tested in a Jeep before I got it and it just retained the last boot screen? Or did i get screwed and get another possible reframed radio ?

I'm at a dinner break before I do the media hub. Left the console and trim panel off for now and screwed the radio in in case i need to get back at it. I did not put my code in or power cycle the truck yet. When I'm done I'll let it sit for the night. I'll post up a little later

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hope you're going to be fine and maybe the test was in a Jeep. I always feel more confident when it's an eBay /Paypal purchase because you can always ask them to step in if there is a problem. Good luck.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just finished dremeling the compass hub . Hopefully I can live without the second USB even though I can clearly keep the old charge only circle USB 12v. Now I'll just find something to fill that small gap .

And yes I got it from eBay. The seller already swapped the one with the charger Challenger model number but had the ram frame/housing on it. I never plugged that one in to get a splash screen though. So I continue. Once I find the damn t20 for the tray insert that is now in the crevace of doom .

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eeesh . This thing hopefully will learn everything. It thinks I have a dual zone climate, the settings and themes are all jeep. As some prior posts say it won't let me use my heated seats etc, it also doesn't show my cargo cam or back up camera existing. The xm button is available though so I'm hoping it's not done learning. I'm going to let it sit overnight.