How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you find this? I googled and the parts sites didn't list a fitment.
I bought it from the seller on eBay and it's supposed to be for a Ram. They sell multiple UAQs so maybe they gave me the wrong one. I've asked the seller to confirm.

Part number was replaced. Updated part number in picture below. 68322340. Reminder AC/AK/xx. Just different revisions same radio

b5c5f2b5268d6694a64fead9df75adf8.jpg

Rock auto had this replacement Radio PN in picture below. They provide confirmed vehicles that these are found in
c87f52d0ba6a9214fb8dafec4f1d10a7.jpg

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll see what the sellers explanation is since I already bought the media hubs. I wonder if they re house the units?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll see what the sellers explanation is since I already bought the media hubs. I wonder if they re house the units?

There should be a factory seal on the radio. If it’s broke. Who knows what they did.

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does the factory seal look like? There are two seals on the unit now but now that you mention it the it says mgsales and a number after that.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Part number was replaced. Updated part number in picture below. 68322340. Reminder AC/AK/xx. Just different revisions same radio

b5c5f2b5268d6694a64fead9df75adf8.jpg

Rock auto had this replacement Radio PN in picture below. They provide confirmed vehicles that these are found in
c87f52d0ba6a9214fb8dafec4f1d10a7.jpg

Where did you find this? Not doubting you just hoping I didnt get screwed. I googled and all the parts sites didn't list a fitment.
I bought it from the seller on eBay and it's supposed to be for a Ram. They sell multiple UAQs so maybe they gave me the wrong one. I've asked the seller to confirm. The mount looks exactly as it should compared to the photos on page 1
DeereGuy pulled the following PNs during early testing of the various UAQ radios when trying to locate them ... Looks like Lawsuit11's info matches DeereGuy's list also (don't mix the 531 up with the 631 ram PN). ** Challenger mount should be different unless the case was swapped.

5e553aacddc1f2d66b3a384a096ffd38.jpg

M² Mods.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
No, I don't think the guy got rid of the radio for that reason. At least I don't believe that to be the case. Maybe I'm wrong. He seemed like an upstanding guy.

I think that it's either the firmware or the hub, as SitKneelBend (and others) said. It's nice to know that most issues like this has been solved with the hub change.

I just talked to an FCA customer person, and she said that 21.9 should be out for this radio soon. Odd thing is, that 19.9 is the version I have and Drive UConnect says the radio is up to date. But I thought there was a more current version?
Honestly, your safest bet is the new hub which has worked for others. All the troubleshooting & feedback points to it as a compatibility issue.

Even if you get a hold of a newer fw update than v19.9 that you already have loaded, fw updates can fail and brick the radio (not often, but it does happen. I've done it once). Avoid v21.9.

M² Mods.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a UAQ in my ram I got off the forum with the media hub that had had the connector to the truck harness soldered to it. When I initially installed it, it came up with all of the SRT screens and capability "sport mode" that a challenger would have. It also was not from a Ram due to the fact that the top tab was missing. So it was either from a challenger or a Jeep. After a couple of restarts the SRT info went away and my actual options showed up. Using the original media hub that was sent all worked perfect carplay android auto backup camera etc. I am running version 17..xxxx. I am still running that version since I cannot get over the air updates and the website using the vin I have says that I am up to date.

About 2 weeks ago I started having issues with the hub cutting out or trying to switch over to the aux connection which appeared to be a loose connection. Since the connector was soldered I figured it was coming from that contraption. There was one offered on the forum for $50 and was stated to be new and come from a 2018. I picked it up as well as the correct jumper harness from deerguy(member on the forum). One thing I did notice about the hub was that my old one had 2 usb connectors on the REAR not the front and the new one only had one. I still used the same usb port on both due to the connector shape. Got the new harness and hub in and everything worked great. Iphone is my main work phone android is personal. I used the android to connect to the hub since it had Waze and used the IPhone connected via bluetooth(when the android was not connected) for calls streaming bluetooth music etc. Since the iphone added waze I connected it via the hub and no carplay. It was still connected via bluetooth though working fine. During the troubleshooting process, I saw all of the screen shots in the previous posts on my iphone as well as the radio. Changed cords etc. Android auto still continued to work fine.

It was not until I desoldered the connector from the original hub and used the harness from deerguy that all of my problems were resolved. It has been working fine for 3-4 days now. I actually like car play better than android auto. I remember reading that then new UAQ radios need a usb3 connection to use apple carplay. Android auto could use usb2. So if your hub is a usb2 only that would explain why the android would work and not the iphone. This is just what I found. I think it is you hub. I'll edit the post later with the part number from my working hub unless I can find it in this thread first.

sword3274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Man, you guys rock! I appreciate the collected knowledge you all bring to the forum to help narrow down the problem. It looks like, that even though the FW update would be the easiest, the hub might be the better choice. So I am going to go that route, and get this joker ordered. I'll post back and let you all know how it goes (I'm assuming I'm still a couple of weeks before getting it and installing it, though). Thanks again, everyone, for your feedback!

@icetraxx, I'm going to order the hub Mpgrimm2 suggested, which I'm assuming is the one I need. It's P/N is 68328704AC

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The case is definitely the same. I'm wondering if they changed that out since the seal on the unit says mgsales xxxxxxx and the seller was "mygigsales".
DeereGuy pulled the following PNs during early testing of the various UAQ radios when trying to locate them ... Looks like Lawsuit11's info matches DeereGuy's list also (don't mix the 531 up with the 631 ram PN). ** Challenger mount should be different unless the case was swapped.

5e553aacddc1f2d66b3a384a096ffd38.jpg

M² Mods.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The case is definitely the same. I'm wondering if they changed that out since the seal on the unit says mgsales xxxxxxx and the seller was "mygigsales".

I’m going to say yes they changed out the unit mount. Mine said something alone the line of “If seal is broken voids warranty” I’ll have to confirm but in my opinion that’s not a factory seal on your radio.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you think it's worth trying to install or should I be on a war path to return it?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the mounts are right it “should” work without a problem. It’s up to you to be honest.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Give it a try, let us know the results and if you are unhappy with their dishonesty you have a valid PayPal dispute to get your money back.
Do you think it's worth trying to install or should I be on a war path to return it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mounts are cast into the case.so if he swapped cases it would have to be because something was wrong with the ram mount radio.i would guess they would be easier to sale.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm just more concerned about the media hub working and the truck getting along with it. I know other people have had success on this thread with Jeep radios but its the functionality I'm concerned with. I suppose we will see . I'll report back. Have everything except the media hub harness and that's sitting at USPS 50 miles away

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Let us know which firmware you get.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do. Sent the 68396531AC with the Ram case/mounts back today. I could have waited and tried it out since my deereguy harness shows up today but figured the quicker I get it back to them the quicker they will send me the 68331631AI when they get it in.

sword3274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Quick question: the parts place I ordered the new hub wants my VIN to assure the correct part is ordered and shipped (because there's no returns, apparently).

I just want to verify - the part I ordered is the one that was posted to order: 68328704AC. This part number directly correlates to just one part, correct? And that part is this one:
68328704AC.jpg

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question: the parts place I ordered the new hub wants my VIN to assure the correct part is ordered and shipped (because there's no returns, apparently).

I just want to verify - the part I ordered is the one that was posted to order: 68328704AC. This part number directly correlates to just one part, correct? And that part is this one:
View attachment 146514

Just tell them it’s a upgrade no vin needed and yes that is the correct PN