How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the 2018 in my 2017 and didn't loose anything. I did already have the non-nave 8.4 though. Heated seats and the fan control work like they should. From what I have been reading you might need the fan controller out of an 18 along with the radio. You will loose the uconnect access which is crap in my book anyhow.

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just throwing out a big thanks!:worship:
once again to DeereGuy for the adapter harness & compass hub.
working perfect as expected.
UAQ with google maps is definitely
a nice upgrade over the old RA3-non/nav.
a few key cycles and the bcm started playing nice, everything working except for the soft touch for the backup camera as has been mentioned before.:favorites13:

2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just throwing out a big thanks!:worship:
once again to DeereGuy for the adapter harness & compass hub.
working perfect as expected.
UAQ with google maps is definitely
a nice upgrade over the old RA3-non/nav.
a few key cycles and the bcm started playing nice, everything working except for the soft touch for the backup camera as has been mentioned before.:favorites13:

2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Did u lose Uconnect too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes,. But not really a loss to me. The vehicle reports are a nice reminder. In daily life I have found that the features are neat but I never use them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes,. But not really a loss to me. The vehicle reports are a nice reminder. In daily life I have found that the features are neat but I never use them.

I use the send and go and the remote start from app in winter

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the Google Maps feature through Android auto I can duplicate the send and go without the service. Also since it's Google Maps pulled directly from my phone the maps are always current and if I'm in my truck needing directions I can just say OK Google and have it on the screen.

With your iPhone I would assume you should be able to do the same thing through Carplay.

My remote start key fob for the winter and summer months has had no issue going through two walls and the detached garage to the carport from inside my home starting the vehicle. I have honestly never used the app Remote Start feature
Since I have had my Ram.

I have the equivalent service on my wife's GMC Terrain and other than the novelty of trying it to see if it actually works have never used it since.

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
With the Google Maps feature through Android auto I can duplicate the send and go without the service. Also since it's Google Maps pulled directly from my phone the maps are always current and if I'm in my truck needing directions I can just say OK Google and have it on the screen.

With your iPhone I would assume you should be able to do the same thing through Carplay.

My remote start key fob for the winter and summer months has had no issue going through two walls and the detached garage to the carport from inside my home starting the vehicle. I have honestly never used the app Remote Start feature
Since I have had my Ram.

I have the equivalent service on my wife's GMC Terrain and other than the novelty of trying it to see if it actually works have never used it since.

All true

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For anyone that is interested, the Crux VIMCF-93C works with the UAQ to enable navigation entry (passenger, of course) while the vehicle is in motion. I've had it installed for about a week now, all functions seem to be normal.

Crux VIMCF-93C CRUX VIMCF-93C Dodge/Jeep Navigation & Video Bypass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CJO4GJA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Since I have had my Ram.

Looks like you can do Waze and google maps in CarPlay now

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just put in a UAQ radio in my 13 ram I have radio sound the SiriusXM is missing and it doesn’t recognize the rear backup camera. Anyone run into this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It might take a couple of key cycles for everything to sync up. mine took about 2 good drives and everything showed up

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok I actually cycled the key right after each other didn’t drive I will see if it syncs overnight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah give it a few more key cycles. Once you get the sxm button it should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks will give it a try in the AM