How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys, i need to know how to build the Media hub conversion harness. Can someone tell me or point me in the correct direction? Ive just got the Apple Carplay unit and now i need the Compass Media Hub and know how to build the harness.
We never posted it. Trying to reduce the amount of our harnesses that are copied.

M² Mods.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
We never posted it. Trying to reduce the amount of our harnesses that are copied.

M² Mods.
For what you guys charge, it's totally worth just buying the finished product you make instead of sourcing everything (or trying to) yourself.

Great quality and support to boot!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The part description for 56038978AL shows 2015-2017, so I just looked up the 2018 backup camera, and the part # is 68274731AE. I have a 2017 2500, so am ordering the 2018 camera on eBay. I will let you know after I install it.

Yeah, let me know if it works over 10 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mark_o

Reaction score
Ram Year
Jeep Cherokee KL
Engine
2.0MJ
Hello,

My car is a Jeep Cherokee KL 2015 and I write here because I made upgrade of my Uconnect. I read a lot of about this before but I couldn't find any information about my problem:

Original version is 8.4" iwth Nav. Now I have Uconnect 4c 8.4 with NAV. PN: 68396161AC with software IR 22.5 (18.33.24). Everthing is fine except radio FM - I have very low signal. I can find only 1-2 stations (my old radio could fine 8-10 in the same place). I checked connection of antennta and it's ok. Do you have any ide why radio reception is very poor? I have shark antenna.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_20190907_113036.jpg

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Anyone having problems with their 4c units crashing/stuck on a continuous restart loop? Mine was working fine until a couple of days ago and now it'll fire up for a minute or two, then crash and restart. Was an update pushed out recently?

Edit: NVM seemed to have fixed itself last night.

Last edited:

greenman368

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok so i just did the upgrade on my 2016 ram 2500 bighorn i had the old 8.4 non nav and went with the 2018 nav option 8.4 i bought the new usb media hub and the adapter cable from M2 everything works fine except for i have no heated seats or steering wheel it is there and grayed out it just doesn’t function anyone have a possible solution

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Let us know your radio PN when you can
(He's on application version 21.9).

Edit: he has a 68306656AD from myGigSales on eBay. Possibly from a 18 Jeep Grand Cherokee. See @CincyCuda68 post.

Heated seats n wheel should work with a 2018 Ram radio on a 2016 truck... Without the 4c interface module from Infotainment.

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok so i just did the upgrade on my 2016 ram 2500 bighorn i had the old 8.4 non nav and went with the 2018 nav option 8.4 i bought the new usb media hub and the adapter cable from M2 everything works fine except for i have no heated seats or steering wheel it is there and grayed out it just doesn’t function anyone have a possible solution

Is your truck a Cummins by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@greenman368 - I have the same problem with my 2016 2500 Cummins. It’s really odd if I put the radio in my wife’s 2016 2500 6.4 the buttons work correctly but in mine they are disabled. My suspicion is that it is something Cummins related. It never really bothered me because I always use the hard buttons. I did buy the infotainment module that enabled the buttons but never installed it. I am pretty sure I tested and it worked correctly. I’ll check and see if anyone has posted a bcm dump of a 2018 Cummins and compare it against mine to see if I can find the setting thats different.

greenman368

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@DeereGuy

Ya I don’t have the hard buttons otherwise I would just use those I have the aux switches I’m thinking maybe it has something todo with the radio I have it’s out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee so maybe there is some weird programming

I would be interested to know if the 4c retrofit fixes the issue

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anyone have any idea about this issue? I have a 2018 Express that came from the factory with a no bluetooth radio. I installed a UAQ almost year ago, a @Mpgrimm2 microphone harness, a 2016 microphone mirror and everything else I needed for ATC. Here's the issue everything as far as nav and everything else the radio works perfect except when I make a phone call. If I make a call the only speaker that gives me the called person's voice is the right door (rcsb)and it's faint. If I'm receiving a call it's crystal clear, loud and coming out of the dash. I noticed it before but really notice it now because I'm traveling cross country with the truck loaded and I stuck a suitcase in the passenger footwell and it's blocking the speaker somewhat and I'm making a lot of calls.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Anyone have any idea about this issue? I have a 2018 Express that came from the factory with a no bluetooth radio. I installed a UAQ almost year ago, a @Mpgrimm2 microphone harness, a 2016 microphone mirror and everything else I needed for ATC. Here's the issue everything as far as nav and everything else the radio works perfect except when I make a phone call. If I make a call the only speaker that gives me the called person's voice is the right door (rcsb)and it's faint. If I'm receiving a call it's crystal clear, loud and coming out of the dash. I noticed it before but really notice it now because I'm traveling cross country with the truck loaded and I stuck a suitcase in the passenger footwell and it's blocking the speaker somewhat and I'm making a lot of calls.

Check your Ecu Config 3 - Cabin Equalization Curve setting with AlfaOBD.

Is your truck a standard 6 speaker RegCab or Alpine RegCab?

May need to compare with someone else's RC truck AlfaOBD settings file.

M² Mods.
f0ade094b602d693a511e4cbafb77bac.jpg

Last edited:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@Mpgrimm2 I will check that. Right now the bypass and Mx+ are in Albany NY and I'm in Shamrock Tx en route to NY for the final trip. It's a standard 6 speaker truck but when sorting it out on the initial install , the OEM bcm log had it set as an Alpine so after discussing it with you and @Lawsuit11 , I changed it to standard cab 6 speaker base DS. I just verified that by looking at my Google drive BCM dump from March, which was the last time I did anything.
Anyone have a Uax radio in a rcsb that's willing to share their cabin EQ setting information?

I'll be home by Sunday night unless I have trouble at the intersection of I90 and 79 in Erie Pa. The last 3 times I went by there the truck kept trying to turn down 79 towards Pittsburgh cuz some harness maker there keeps saying come on down. Lol

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hey lawsuit, did they fix music apps like Amazon Music showing up with a blank screen? Every music app except Apple Music would give a black screen after a few days of in the car out of the car. Multiple threads about it across multiple vehicle brands. I have a UAQ, iphone 6s+ and iOS 12.4.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey lawsuit, did they fix music apps like Amazon Music showing up with a blank screen? Every music app except Apple Music would give a black screen after a few days of in the car out of the car. Multiple threads about it across multiple vehicle brands. I have a UAQ, iphone 6s+ and iOS 12.4.

I’ll keep you updated. I just got the IPhone Pro max yesterday and I use Pandora when I get in the truck to see what happens for the next few days. It’s been perfectly fine yesterday and today so far. I usually run amazon music and Apple Music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Does anyone know if the 2019 Media Hub works with the 4c UAS? Just upgraded my 2016 1500 to the UAS and the 2018 media hub I ordered is delayed a couple of weeks. I see a 2019 media hub part no. P68397098AD That I could get shipped in only a couple days, but not sure if anyone has tested it yet? I plan on using the harness from kaodtech and I’m ok with fabricating some ABS to mount it. Just want to make sure it will plug in and actually work?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Solved this issue somewhat. Turns out when making a call while I'm listening to Sirius XM and using Android Auto for navigation only the right dash speaker has the other persons voice. Any other way using, regular BT or Android auto w/Spotify or even the UAQ nav there is no issue and the left speaker works perfect. So I actually don't care and now consider it a programming issue cuz the radio sounds great.

Sidebar question, is there any upgrade for the factory 2016 mirror microphone because at high road speeds I have to turn the radio down and get closer to the mirror and yell GOOGLE for it to hear me? Bet you it sounds like **** if I'm on a call at higher speeds.