How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@greenman368
Does your 2016 with factory 8.4 already have ATC? If so, you shouldn't have any of the blend door mixing/temp slider issues and will only need the UAx radio, hub, & hub adapter.

If you don't have ATC, it's about 50/50 on whether you will have the temp slider issues... Switching to the 2018 HVAC module may fix it, but those with ATC seem to have no issues with either the 13-17 module or the 18 module. Single Zone ATC can be added (or dual zone ATC if you're ambitious).

Heated seat, etc should work fine for 15+ trucks. Only 13-14 trucks need a seat interface module from Infotainment or the Enzo module from Customtronix to work with the 18 UAx radio correctly..

M² Mods.

Last edited:

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my radio installed and love it-so nice
Is there a way to get caller ID on the screen for incoming calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

g-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sirius xm icon dissapeared from screen

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sirius xm icon dissapeared from screen

If you installed a 2018 UAS/Q radio you will need to enable Sirus in the bcm. The Harmon radios did not read this form the BCM. The new Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatible radios read this from the bcm. It can be done VIA the AlfsOBD program.

Link to the thread is below

AlfaOBD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...rum.com/index.php?posts/1785284/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenman368

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@Mpgrimm2

@greenman368
Does your 2016 with factory 8.4 already have ATC? If so, you shouldn't have any of the blend door mixing/temp slider issues and will only need the UAx radio, hub, & hub adapter.

If you don't have ATC, it's about 50/50 on whether you will have the temp slider issues... Switching to the 2018 HVAC module may fix it, but those with ATC seem to have no issues with either the 13-17 module or the 18 module. Single Zone ATC can be added (or dual zone ATC if you're ambitious).

Heated seat, etc should work fine for 15+ trucks. Only 13-14 trucks need a seat interface module from Infotainment or the Enzo module from Customtronix to work with the 18 UAx radio correctly..

M² Mods.

Thx for the reply what is ATC i do have dual zone climate control

Also have another questions i have a buddy that has a 2014 3500 Longhorn with heated and cooled seats so he would need the enzo Module i won't support Infotainment i called them last week and they were the rudest company i have ever delt with on the 2014 would everything else work right or is it going to b e a nightmare

g-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you installed a 2018 UAS/Q radio you will need to enable Sirus in the bcm. The Harmon radios did not read this form the BCM. The new Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatible radios read this from the bcm. It can be done VIA the AlfsOBD program.

Link to the thread is below

AlfaOBD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...rum.com/index.php?posts/1785284/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where can I find it in the bcm I look through alfa obd didn't see anything about Sirius I enabled SDARS it won't stick is there anything else I'm missing

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Mpgrimm2

Thx for the reply what is ATC i do have dual zone climate control

Also have another questions i have a buddy that has a 2014 3500 Longhorn with heated and cooled seats so he would need the enzo Module i won't support Infotainment i called them last week and they were the rudest company i have ever delt with on the 2014 would everything else work right or is it going to b e a nightmare

@greenman368

M² Mods.

So im hoping you guys can clarify some stuff for me im doing a upgrade to the 2018 8.4 uaq from a 2016 8.4 uas i know i need the Media hub im going to go with the Jeep compass one unless you recommend something different i also purchased the adapter cable is there anything else i need i purchased the uaq off eBay and it is coming with the unlock code i noticed on your thread that you mentioned that sometimes the cargo cam and backup cam do not work is there a work around for this and also i read that sometimes the heater does not move the mixer door all the way to hot are these still concerns or have they be resolved with a work around my truck has the cargo cam and backup camera also has the heated seats and steering wheel which i need to work on the radio because i don't have hard buttons bellow the radio to turn them on

Post a picture of your radio /HVAC dash controls. (Does it have the 'auto' button)?

It will look like one of these...
(Left) Single Zone MTC / Dual Zone ATC (right)

M² Mods.
216d3bf4c393641efa8b91c9efaa633f.jpg

thebanjoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2016 RAM express, Trading in a 2016 Honda Civic and retiring/selling my 2002 Dakota I bought new. After 17 years it was about time.

Thank you to all those who have shared their experiences as I am reading and gathering parts to soon be attempting to upgrade the radio to have android auto compatibility.

I am literally lost without google maps. ;-)

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I have a 2013 with conversion 8.4 with atc what problems I would have when updating the UAQ

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Can confirm that 68340153AJ is the Canadian P/N for the radio without nav. Got it installed last night and works perfect. Radio was originally out of a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. Now I just need to track down a center console (with the media hub) out of a 2018.
Got an unlock code from the local dealer no hassle (even though they had only done it once before).

A__D0A2.jpg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Wow your presets look almost the same as mine except I have Ozzy's Boneyard in slot 1.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got through installing the new radio in my 2017 about a week ago, and I’m really enjoying it. I noticed after installation that my tailgate camera was darker, and seemed to auto dim.

Don’t know if anybody has noticed this. I decided to try a new camera, which I got off eBay. It was Mopar and about $85. Solve the problem, and the view is even better than with the old camera. Just wanted to mention this in case anybody else noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Just got through installing the new radio in my 2017 about a week ago, and I’m really enjoying it. I noticed after installation that my tailgate camera was darker, and seemed to auto dim.

Don’t know if anybody has noticed this. I decided to try a new camera, which I got off eBay. It was Mopar and about $85. Solve the problem, and the view is even better than with the old camera. Just wanted to mention this in case anybody else noticed.

Mind providing the part number of the OEM camera you got? I saw a few but oftentimes stopped at 2015 models.

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning! New member here, I have to tell you the info in this thread is amazing! I wish I would have read through the whole thing before purchasing a UAQ radio from bestdealsken, crossing my fingers will be ok... That being said, I have a 2014 crew cab sport, with UAS currently installed. Will i need a 911 call adapter? I confess to being a little confused as to whether i may need that, was thinking if there was a 50/50 shot id need it i would go ahead and purchase it. Is that the Fakra D Cell Bypass on the M2 mods page? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi Craig,
You won't need the cell error bypass plug with the UAQ upgrade.

M² Mods.