How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Will someone please tell me how to change the work address on the UAQ? For the life of me I cannot find the answer online or in the head unit itself. 992727acb9ed7ffdffbad39c4aac17ae.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I know it can be done since I set mine 18 mos ago.

I think u have to search the address and then select to 'set as work' or nav the address once and select it from history and set it as work.

I will have to check when I get back up and see if I can figure it out again.

M² Mods.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know it can be done since I set mine 18 mos ago.

I think u have to search the address and then select to 'set as work' or nav the address once and select it from history and set it as work.

I will have to check when I get back up and see if I can figure it out again.

M² Mods.
I have set my work address I just want to change it but for whatever reason I cannot find that option. I will look again and if I am able to I will post I'm hoping someone that has changed theirs will be able to chime in

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Have you tried this yet? This is the exact radio I received.

Tried it this morning it doesn’t light up let me know your results
I have a 2014 and it’s a manual but the BCM does not recognize it

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Tried it this morning it doesn’t light up let me know your results
I have a 2014 and it’s a manual but the BCM does not recognize it

Tried it this morning and it also did not power up. So it looks like an 8.4 from a 2018 Jeep Compass is not compatible. Below is the info from the radio I tried to use.

Part No: P68292822AJ
Supplier: 64469AE
Model: VP2RFP

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The UAq from A Jeep compass will
I currently have a UAS installed
You don’t live near Michigan do you
There is a junkyard up there that has a uaq in stock and they only want like 400 bucks but they won’t let you pay with a credit card over the phone the only options they give is a Bank transfer or pick up in person with cash

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If they sold you that under the pretense that it had navigation and was a UAQ you could probably return it because that is not a UAQ
And they don’t have navigation
It’s a uam

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You don’t live near Michigan do you
There is a junkyard up there that has a uaq in stock and they only want like 400 bucks but they won’t let you pay with a credit card over the phone the only options they give is a Bank transfer or pick up in person with cash

It's probably in the other side of the state from me but where about is the junkyard?

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
If they sold you that under the pretense that it had navigation and was a UAQ you could probably return it because that is not a UAQ
And they don’t have navigation
It’s a uam

It's going back and being refunded. Now i'm trying to research if a 4C with Nav from a 2019 Grand Cherokee would work. EDIT: NVM, just found out it is the 2-piece unit in the 2019.

Last edited:

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Here’s the address of a junkyard in Michigan that had one
You can also try Car-Part.com
It looks like there’s a couple for sale on there right now
Scratch this I’ve use the Vin number to look them all up and none of them are 4cs except for the one I posted that’s in Michigan

AE2955EF-2178-4B6D-94B1-89ECDFAAA040.jpeg

I have verified with the vin that this actually has a 4C in it
Their item number is a 19L025
I would buy it but they don’t do credit card over the phone the only thing they allow for out of town is bank transfers
But if I lived anywhere nearby I would make the drive I think they want like 350 I talk to them the other day

Last edited:

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Has anyone successfully installed a 4c from a 19 classic 1500?

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
image.jpg image.jpg
here’s the Vin number of the car that radio came from you can see in the options it says 4 c with nav with navigation

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

if it’s a Delphi radio it won’t work or if it’s the two piece option it won’t work but if it’s from a 2019 and it’s a Panasonic radio it will

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If you can verify its a 4th gen 19 classic (DS) truck it should have the same PN radios as listed in the OP (& not a 19 5th gen DT truck)

M² Mods.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone!

Finally paid off my 2015 sport! and to celebrate, im going to install the UAQ radio. I have the Radio, new USB hub, and wire harness adapter to install it. Before i get started, I am reading conflicting information about my heated seats.. so will I lose the option to turn them on/off or not? Do I need a newer heater/ac control module, and if so, what's the part number I need?

Thanks everyone!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hey everyone!

Finally paid off my 2015 sport! and to celebrate, im going to install the UAQ radio. I have the Radio, new USB hub, and wire harness adapter to install it. Before i get started, I am reading conflicting information about my heated seats.. so will I lose the option to turn them on/off or not? Do I need a newer heater/ac control module, and if so, what's the part number I need?

Thanks everyone!
Sorry for the delay...
Does your truck have factory dual zone ATC ?
If not you will need to add the Single Zone ATC Temp and Humidity Sensor setup (or dual zone ATC if you are willing to do the extra work).

With ATC, your current HVAC module should work correctly. If you swap out to the 18 HVAC module, it's 50/50 that you'd still also need the ATC.

Because you have a 15+ 1500, there's a decent chance your 2015 ram 1500 Sport won't require a 4c seat interface module (from Infotainment or Customtronix) to get heated seats working with radio menu buttons (hard buttons before radio will still work). @STecoD should be able to confirm from his 2015 UAQ upgrade... (We have seen that the 13-16 2500/3500 diesel trucks seem to need the module).

Mike G.

M² Mods.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the delay...
Does your truck have factory dual zone ATC ?
If not you will need to add the Single Zone ATC Temp and Humidity Sensor setup (or dual zone ATC if you are willing to do the extra work).

With ATC, your current HVAC module should work correctly. If you swap out to the 18 HVAC module, it's 50/50 that you'd still also need the ATC.

Because you have a 15+ 1500, there's a decent chance your 2015 ram 1500 Sport won't require a 4c seat interface module (from Infotainment or Customtronix) to get heated seats working with radio menu buttons (hard buttons before radio will still work). @STecoD should be able to confirm from his 2015 UAQ upgrade... (We have seen that the 13-16 2500/3500 diesel trucks seem to need the module).

Mike G.

M² Mods.

Thanks for the reply. My truck has the factory dual zone ATC. I'll just install it all and see how it goes. As long as I can still control the heated seats from the buttons below the radio and don't have any issues with the air vent blend doors, I'm good.

Once I get it all installed, I'll reply on here and let everyone know what's working or not.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the reply. My truck has the factory dual zone ATC. I'll just install it all and see how it goes. As long as I can still control the heated seats from the buttons below the radio and don't have any issues with the air vent blend doors, I'm good.

Once I get it all installed, I'll reply on here and let everyone know what's working or not.
You will still need to replace the USB hub and get the hub adapter harness from us.

Let me know when you find a radio and I will get you squared away on the hub harness. If you are using an Android device I can toss in the base model 18 ram hub for all the help early on getting that 8.4 thread restored.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will still need to replace the USB hub and get the hub adapter harness from us.

Let me know when you find a radio and I will get you squared away on the hub harness. If you are using an Android device I can toss in the base model 18 ram hub for all the help early on getting that 8.4 thread restored.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

Thanks man, I already have the Radio, 2018 ram hub and the hub harness. Bought the hub harness from you earlier in the year knowing id get to this project at some point.. I travel a lot for work now, so I just need to find time to install it.. appreciate the offer on the hub though.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Got a unit from a 2018 RAM. Easy swap and working as expected. Just waiting for the rest of the controls (Seat Heat/Cool) to show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990