How to install Morimoto Projectors in your 4th Gen Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Was it the truck or the people you started hanging around with? Hell I was happy with an intake till I got started on the forums.

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
It was the forum. When I got the truck I figured I would get a bedmat, tonneau cover and steps. I actually got a stereo installed on it at 190 miles. Didn't take me long! Then I got those 3 things I mentioned above.

I then went to my first GTG. Holy crap..........that was the death of my wallet.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I got started joining to get info on torison keys then it all went to hell.

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I had a Ford Explorer before the Ram, and was on a forum for it. Nothing crazy. I bought my Ram on April 25th, and I think I joined DT on April 28th. Just looking to see what guys did with their trucks, gain some knowledge. Holy cow.........in 2 years I had 20K posts on the site!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
hey jeremy what is the diameter of the projectors? they look bigger than the ones you put in you old truck. i remmeber going to do a set like that from twiggy they just looked smaller than i wanted. also how much for the projectors or a link???

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
they are ........ 2.5" I think.

I bought them from Hahn at 3B. I emailed him and shot him a price (140) and it was done. He overnighted me the projectors, shrouds and bulbs. [email protected]

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
link no bueno buddy. what were the oned in your old truck? 1.5 or something...140 for all is a killer deal and the install looked pretty straight forward. thanks

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
whoops!

"Hanh Court" <[email protected]>

The old ones were ......... small. I dunno how big. LOL

I think the headlight bulbs are bigger on the older trucks, and if so, you wouldn't need to dremel out the bulb base.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that makes it even better. ill look into this. totally blacked out head will be awesome

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L

Jking2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know this is an older post but im really thinking about doing this to mine and im really curious about wiring and on allot of cars/trucks ive seen retrofited with hids the radio is effected when the lights are on, are you haveing this problem? btw looks sick bro!

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Well........I don't use the radio (FM) that is. LOL

I haven't heard from any customers that they have issues with FM after using the HID kits I sell either. :D

Sherif

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Few Questions on Morimoto Projectors...

Hey 0212353,

I must agree!!!

I just received my Ram a week ago, and I think I still don't have the balls to do that...

I Just have a few questions...

1. Does the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors also fit in the High Beam section of the quad lamps??

- I'm asking this to see if we can fit 2 projectors in each headlamp (1 in the Low Beam area like you did, and the other in the High Beam area) to get more light out of the headlight :) + with CCFL Angel Eyes on them, I think they would look HOT!!!

2. Are there any information regards the wiring for the Bi-Xenon projectors for the Quad Headlamps??? As you didn't post any pictures for the wiring process..

3. Ranking difficulty rating from 1-10? 1 being Easiest, and 10 being the Hardest.. how do you rank the difficult for installing these projectors for a novice, or beginner?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Sherif

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Oh man.........way to get in my head! LOL

Minis will fit in the high beam section, but without a shroud. So, it looks stupid. There are "micro" projectors out now, in VERY limited quantity. I have a set, they are going in my new lights in the next 10-15 days. Yup, quads...... :D

CCFLs on them, hell yeah.......again, get out of my head. LOL

Wiring? I didn't post any as the kit I used (this time) doesn't use a wiring kit. I have moved to a BETTER vendor, and his kits use a harness. Its a standard HID harness, but with a capacitor link built in. Easy.

Ranking........I can crank out a set now! (and I DO). I did 3 sets this weekend. :D 4 the weekend before........and probably 3-4 this coming weekend.

Installing the projectors is CAKE. Getting the lights open - theres the ***** of it. If you have never done it before........I'd rank it at a 9. It took me 10 hours to get the lights open (first time around). It doesn't take me nearly as long as that now!

Your best bet........come to me for 'em. :D

Wait until you see what I do with my personal set soon. They will NOT be cheap (I will have approx $1,000 just in parts alone) - but they will be the most bad ass lights on a 4th gen Ram. :D

Sherif

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
0212353 - You're Amazing ;)

Woow man... Thanks for the quick response.

Installing the projectors is CAKE. Getting the lights open - theres the ***** of it. If you have never done it before........I'd rank it at a 9. It took me 10 hours to get the lights open (first time around). It doesn't take me nearly as long as that now!

Your best bet........come to me for 'em. :D

You know... I wish that I was able to pass by with my truck, as it seems that you are a pro.. the problem is that I'm not living in the States, I'm Living in Egypt so it's almost impossible :(

Wiring? I didn't post any as the kit I used (this time) doesn't use a wiring kit. I have moved to a BETTER vendor, and his kits use a harness. Its a standard HID harness, but with a capacitor link built in. Easy.

I've read in many posts around the internet that the best HID kit for the Ram is the DDM Raptor HID Kit with the Type 3 Error Code Eliminator which solves the flickering problem, and the lights out light problem when the HIDs are on. are these ok to use with the Morimoto projectors??

CCFLs on them, hell yeah.......again, get out of my head. LOL

also, for the CCFLs, do they require any additional wiring, as I found this in The Retrofit Source where they sell the Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III (h1) projectors with CCFLs built in, so I assumed that having 2 angel eyes on each headlight will make it look HOT!!!

So for the CCFLs where there be additional wiring required?

There are "micro" projectors out now, in VERY limited quantity. I have a set, they are going in my new lights in the next 10-15 days. Yup, quads...... :D

Can you also mention where you got those Micro Projectors so i can see if i can ship them to Egypt??

Finally.. Please Post more pictures of you installing those Micro Projectors, and Show us the Final HOTTIE ;)

Thanks for all the support man.

You're amazing.

Sincerely,
Sherif

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
You know... I wish that I was able to pass by with my truck, as it seems that you are a pro.. the problem is that I'm not living in the States, I'm Living in Egypt so it's almost impossible :(

d'oh! Yeah, that makes it a little harder!

I've read in many posts around the internet that the best HID kit for the Ram is the DDM Raptor HID Kit with the Type 3 Error Code Eliminator which solves the flickering problem, and the lights out light problem when the HIDs are on. are these ok to use with the Morimoto projectors??

DDM is cheap......and you get what you pay for. DDMs run very HOT, not what you want. $35, yeah.....thats nice......but I don't use my supplier for his price. I use him because he knows these trucks, and his product is awesome. You CANNOT beat his customer service either! I use Retro-Solutions for ALL my HID needs now.

also, for the CCFLs, do they require any additional wiring, as I found this in The Retrofit Source where they sell the Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III (h1) projectors with CCFLs built in, so I assumed that having 2 angel eyes on each headlight will make it look HOT!!!

So for the CCFLs where there be additional wiring required?

CCFLs do need inverters, and then ran to a 12V source (most run it to a parking light).

Can you also mention where you got those Micro Projectors so i can see if i can ship them to Egypt??

They are available from The Retrofit Source. Not advertised, you'd have to call Matt at TRS on the quote. They are moving this week though, catch them next week!

Finally.. Please Post more pictures of you installing those Micro Projectors, and Show us the Final HOTTIE ;)

Thanks for all the support man.

You're amazing.

Sincerely,
Sherif

Oh, I will have pics. :D

Sherif

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
0212353 - Again, As USUAL, You're Amazing ;)

Hey 0212353,

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone with such fast response rate, fruitful to a community, and helpful more than you ;) .

I also must mention, and kinda new and novice to DIY especially in Car Electricity.

DDM is cheap......and you get what you pay for. DDMs run very HOT, not what you want. $35, yeah.....thats nice......but I don't use my supplier for his price. I use him because he knows these trucks, and his product is awesome. You CANNOT beat his customer service either! I use Retro-Solutions for ALL my HID needs now.

1. I just wanted to confirm the source that you have provided, is this link the one you use Retro Solutions LLC when buying your HID Kits???

2. Do you usually go for the 35W, or the 50W/55W? is it really worth the hassle (heat vs. light/brightness gain)?? does it really matter if I use the 50W/55W ballast with a 35W bulb?

3. When I buy the Morimoto Mini Projector, do you recommend that I buy the projector alone, and the HID kit from Retro Solutions LLC ? and if YES, which KIT do you buy to avoid the flickering and the Error Code Eliminators for a 2011 Dodge Ram? could you please post the link of the product?

I'm asking this question because I found a section dedicated for the Dodge Ram 09+, and I guess that this is primarily for the Bulb Type/Size, and I'm not sure which one I should select for the Morimoto mini projectors :S.

Finally,
4. The easiest question you'll see... which color do you prefer? I am kind of hesitant between the 6000k (which seems to be the brightest), and the 8000k (which seems to have this cool bluish tint)? which one would you choose, and what do you have installed on your Truck??
Thanks for this tremendous effort and support man, really appreciate it.

P.S. I'm really sorry for firing at you so many questions like that, but honestly you are the one who I found to be the most helpful to me.

Again, Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sherif

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
No problem!

1. Thats them! Heck, I keep forgetting to post up my info......I resell his stuff, with a 10% discount. :D Use code 'JJ' and you'll get it cheaper!

2. I go with whatever the customer wants. :D I am redoing my set, and will be ordering a 55W kit for my low beams. I don't use the highs.......but they will be projector'd (in the micros), and I'll probably run 35W on those. So, when I hit the highs......90W of HID flamin'! I do not recommend running a 35W bulb on a 50/55W ballast. It will wash out the color, and greatly reduce the life of the bulb. Do it right, get a 55W bulb and ballast combo.

3. There really isn't a "kit" on the site for what I use. But, I use a H1 HID kit with a 2009+ Quad lamp wiring harness. I just call Todd now and same "gimme". I have spent about......8 grand with him so far this year - and have no problem with givin' him more!

You know - I can probably put together a kit for you if you'd like, and ship it to you. Email me your shipping info and I can check pricing for you - my email is [email protected]

4. Well, 3Ks are the absolute brightest, but they are yellow. 4300s are the next in line, slight yellow (depending on housing, projector). 5Ks = white, and my personal favorite (ordering my own sets tomorrow!!). 6Ks have a slight blue to them, I acually have them now, but moving to 5s. 8s, ick. too much blue.

:D