I did something stupid..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The tranny and or engine seems to be doing something funny as to where it’ll drop into 4th, move VERY slowly (but doesn’t stop), and then upshift into 2nd and take off, and sometimes when coasting it’ll bog down really hard like i’m applying the brake, but i’m thinking this is more of the engine needing a tune up in the worst way possible (happening on monday) which hopefully will clear that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that could be it. The PCM doesn't know what to do with the trans shift points because the engine isn't responding as it should. I'm assuming it's getting new plugs? I notice my truck gets a little less responsive when I'm close to 30k on the copper plugs...

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Didn't you tune it up like last week? When you were messing with spark Plugs? I say last week it was probly over a month ago lol

No, when i posted that thread ab that i had just gotten into an accident and wanted to look into what was causing the ticking sound on startup, which was a loose spark plug on #1 cylinder, found that out due to carbon COATING the spark plug hole and the boot. Surprised it didn’t shoot out like a Ford 3V..

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Yeah that could be it. The PCM doesn't know what to do with the trans shift points because the engine isn't responding as it should. I'm assuming it's getting new plugs? I notice my truck gets a little less responsive when I'm close to 30k on the copper plugs...

Exactly my point, i hate to admit this as it looks horrible on my part, but i’m going on 100K on the copper plugs. Those things must just be dead at this point.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
No, when i posted that thread ab that i had just gotten into an accident and wanted to look into what was causing the ticking sound on startup, which was a loose spark plug on #1 cylinder, found that out due to carbon COATING the spark plug hole and the boot. Surprised it didn’t shoot out like a Ford 3V..

That's right!!! Haha damn ford's. I knew there was somethin spark plug related.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
That's right!!! Haha damn ford's. I knew there was somethin spark plug related.

For real, my dad had an old F-150 with one of those boat anchor engines. All i can say is YIKES, a Gen 1 4.7L was better.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL 3v spark plugs[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Only Ford could make a spark plug with 3 threads that shot out of the head only to redesign it so half of it gets stuck in the head[emoji106]

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Forgot to add, yes, it’s getting new plugs.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Only Ford could make a spark plug with 3 threads that shot out of the head only to redesign it so half of it gets stuck in the head[emoji106]

***** i remember that, it was HILARIOUS when they didn’t screw up just once, but twice, and then managed to screw up the auto transmissions with the Ford Power****[emoji769]

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

Those were evil!! When I worked at Ford the guys hated seeing them come in!

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Also, as a plus, changing the fluid (knock on wood) completely got rid of my Torque Converter shudder when letting off the gas.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those were evil!! When I worked at Ford the guys hated seeing them come in!
I can only imagine what those were like.....

I had a 03 Mustang GT years ago and that had the 2v in it. I remember changing the plugs on that and they literally had 3 threads holding it in the head. I mean, how do you screw up something as basic as a spark plug, and then do it again the opposite way??

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, as a plus, changing the fluid (knock on wood) completely got rid of my Torque Converter shudder when letting off the gas.

Thats good, maybe after 400k it just needed a good flush??

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

I had a 03 Mustang GT years ago and that had the 2v in it. I remember changing the plugs on that and they literally had 3 threads holding it in the head. I mean, how do you screw up something as basic as a spark plug, and then do it again the opposite way??

Because ford sucks at the one thing they were built upon in the what, 1900s? Reliability and design. In the 90s and early 2000s, ford was ****, (still is). Chevy & Chrysler killed them in every way, i still miss my old 06 Tahoe. (possible getting another soon as they’re 2K here) and an old Durango. I will never buy a ford.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

I know right! I mean Ford really hasn't been great at building or picking engines to put in their units. The service writer usto make the owners of the vehicles that were booking for plugs come in we'd put a bit of tranny fluid down each spark plug hole and they'd come back after 1000 km and they usually slid out after that. [emoji846]

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thats good, maybe after 400k it just needed a good flush??

Probably haha, i’m expecting the other issues to go away once the engine stops ******** itself.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Because ford sucks at the one thing they were built upon in the what, 1900s? Reliability and design. In the 90s and early 2000s, ford was ****, (still is). Chevy & Chrysler killed them in every way, i still miss my old 06 Tahoe. (possible getting another soon as they’re 2K here) and an old Durango. I will never buy a ford.

Can't beat a Chev engine.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Can't beat a Chev engine.

Especially the old 5.3L, before all the fuel economy ********. Yeah, the 4L60 is NOT the strong suit of these trucks but damn, i’ll take it before one of the equivalent ford transmissions. I’m planning on painting the 06 Tahoe Maximum Steel Metallic, durango the same, just to keep em matching as i love the color.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Don't even get me started on all the **** luck I've had with Ford's lol. Same here I will never own another one.

Those pre AFM LS motors were essentially bulletproof[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Don't even get me started on all the **** luck I've had with Ford's lol. Same here I will never own another one.

Those pre AFM LS motors were essentially bulletproof[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Remember last year when Ford had a recall for the engine catching fire..?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Especially the old 5.3L, before all the fuel economy ********. Yeah, the 4L60 is NOT the strong suit of these trucks but damn, i’ll take it before one of the equivalent ford transmissions. I’m planning on painting the 06 Tahoe Maximum Steel Metallic, durango the same, just to keep em matching as i love the color.

I'm running a 427 turbo in my 05 single cab short box 4x4 with a buily 4l60e and it takes a **** kicking like you'd never Beleive. [emoji16]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remember last year when Ford had a recall for the engine catching fire..?

Lol yup. I mean the 6.4 Powerstroke is enough to never want a Ford diesel....