I hate my lift, what should I get instead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@PCT I own a suspension shop that only does lift's, levels, wheels and tires. Just FYI

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meaning to ask you how did you like those Mastercraft MT’s, we put them on our 04 WJ and it just seemed to want to eat them up.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Meaning to ask you how did you like those Mastercraft MT’s, we put them on our 04 WJ and it just seemed to want to eat them up.

I'm assuming you're asking me? the mastercraft M/Ts is a decent tire as with all Mud tires if you dont rotate them every 3,000 miles they will wear out quick. They are meaty and look awesome I'm currently selling mine in the forsale section with a lot of tread left on them.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks man! So you don’t think I would need a Reservoir system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recommend reservoirs unless you're moving to a big body shock but that's me. IMO its more for looks. A lot of the stuff you find online for the 2500's are geared toward the diesel engine too so beware. I have ran that kit a lot in the last year with every one of them loving their set up, zero negative reviews

Mgrimm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This info has been useful to me as well and my question might be able to help out @PCT at the same time. Wondering if the Synergy Leveling system is a good bet and value? Tuned Fox shocks have been paired with matched coil springs on front and tuned fox shocks for OEM rear springs for $950. More than the Bilsteins but you're getting rear shocks as well, but does the custom tune buy you anything over the Bilstein set up?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
This info has been useful to me as well and my question might be able to help out @PCT at the same time. Wondering if the Synergy Leveling system is a good bet and value? Tuned Fox shocks have been paired with matched coil springs on front and tuned fox shocks for OEM rear springs for $950. More than the Bilsteins but you're getting rear shocks as well, but does the custom tune buy you anything over the Bilstein set up?

Synergy is a great Kit also. Worth the extra money over Bilstien, not really but the package deal is inciting. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with rear shocks and give you a bundle deal. with the 2500's when you hit 2.5" you need a track bar relocation bracket or adjustable bar. Bilstien sneaks in with 2.3" of lift for that reason. Can some truck get away with it yes but is it worth the risk and is it worth paying more money for additional parts? I have paired fox 2.0's with the bilstien coils and factory coils and the end result was quite impressive too. If you're going with new shock all around dont forget to ask nick to include the axle wrap shock part #24-274395

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Synergy is a great Kit also. Worth the extra money over Bilstien, not really but the package deal is inciting. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with rear shocks and give you a bundle deal. with the 2500's when you hit 2.5" you need a track bar relocation bracket or adjustable bar. Bilstien sneaks in with 2.3" of lift for that reason. Can some truck get away with it yes but is it worth the risk and is it worth paying more money for additional parts? I have paired fox 2.0's with the bilstien coils and factory coils and the end result was quite impressive too. If you're going with new shock all around dont forget to ask nick to include the axle wrap shock part #24-274395

Intresting about 2.5, the spacer i bought is a 2.5 with out any relocating brackets. So im wonding how thats effecting my geometry. They really should not market that as a "leveling kit". So its even more imperative i swap out my suspension.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To the OP, please report your choice and your opinion of it. Did you install the RC lift yourself or had a shop do it?

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have it on my 1500 (last 20k) and I feel it was a good upgrade over OEM. I've had Bisteins before on another 4x4 an to tell you the truth, I was not amazed. Good quality shocks, but that's about it. I think the craftsmanship of the installer, could play a big role in the outcome.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The fact that people still buy rough country garbage and their reputation for building sheer dog **** has not put them out of business both blow my mind.
Highly advertised priced low. That’s why people buy it. It’s like people that over pay every day for Bose. The marketing.... is amazing how many people just follow

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have it on my 1500 (last 20k) and I feel it was a good upgrade over OEM. I've had Bisteins before on another 4x4 an to tell you the truth, I was not amazed. Good quality shocks, but that's about it. I think the craftsmanship of the installer, could play a big role in the outcome.
Bilsteins on a 1500 and a 2500 are 2 different animals

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thuren’s soft ride coils are the best bang for the buck on ride quality. I did just the fronts coils and Fox shocks, left the rear stock for now.

wait until you pair the rear fox with the front your mind will be blown. You don’t expect it to make as much of a difference as it does. fair warning spray the top shock nuts for a day or two with penetrating oil, then hit them with a small wire brush. Even brand new trucks are coming with rusted out bolts that seize up

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fact that people still buy rough country garbage and their reputation for building sheer dog **** has not put them out of business both blow my mind.

I just wanted something to get front end up, get other mods done and revisit next year... It sucks so bad I gotta do it now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Highly advertised priced low. That’s why people buy it. It’s like people that over pay every day for Bose. The marketing.... is amazing how many people just follow
Probably different for 2500 (no personal experience), but for 1500's they are an upgrade. Majority of those that purchased them, possibly did so for 1500s. I do my own research, don't follow neither marketing, nor brand followers. To me the shocks are good for everyday driving and going on logging roads. With respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank