I noticed something lame about Gen 5 Rams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I was at the dealer getting my oil changed, I noticed only the Limited's had rear wheel well liners, no other trim levels did. That looks real ****** without it. Gen 4's don't leave everything completely exposed. Come on, even on $50k+ trucks they don't have it if they aren't a Limited? That can't cost but a few dollars really considering the quantity they'd use. I forgot to take pics.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Il never own a 5th gen however you should get wheel liners if you can i noticed trucks with them including mine get no bed rot around wheel wells it helps alot

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Could be any number of reasons:
*The bottom dropped out of the plastics market.
*They forgot to reorder.
*It adds .000463 mpg by removing them.
*All models but Limited had plant-based liners installed. Unfortunately they all bio-degraded during washdown at the dealerships.
(Ramcares will provide a seed packet & instructions to grow your own liners at no charge)

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Laramie came with liners, also the Big Horns that were on the lot also had them. Probably depends on how the dealer orders them. It’s like $100-200 anyways after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power wagons have them

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks terrible. Noticed it right away. Can’t stand that. You spend all that money to look at what looks to be an unfinished part of the truck. For years I’ve hated that about the fords. You see the suspension, frame, etc. Looks ugly when it’s new. Imagine when it gets old, dirty and starts to rust a bit. It’s an eyesore. I own a 4th Gen and have since 2013, so it doesn’t affect me, but come on, really?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gen 3's never really had them either, never made sense to me.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I threw mine in the trash when I did 35's literally couple of days after buying the truck. more than handy when I did 37's considering I have a small lift. Did the same to my Jeeps and literally every other vehicle I had that had liners where bigger tires could rub on when tucking the suspension in full.so that plastic piece of chit have lasted no more than 3 days ever in any of my offroad toys. Personally I don't care about the rear liners and the fronts aren't gone cause nothing rubs in there. Also because I'm always touching something in my suspension for whatever reason not having to deal with the time to remove the pins and plastic crap Everytime is more than welcome in my case.

I don't live in the salt belt either so I have yet to find out what rust is even with my Jeeps :) so not having the liner for me has never been an issue. My Kings look a lot better without them and I can see how my shocks are behaving at all times. I wouldn't miss the liners if the truck didn't come with them.ive ran without them for 2.5 years and I do offroading. Zero rust issues or paint issues or really anything wrong in that area without them other than dust. My truck is literally full of dust inside and out mostly on weekends because of the offroad trails so that's about it really.

Last edited:

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks terrible. Noticed it right away. Can’t stand that. You spend all that money to look at what looks to be an unfinished part of the truck. For years I’ve hated that about the fords. You see the suspension, frame, etc. Looks ugly when it’s new. Imagine when it gets old, dirty and starts to rust a bit. It’s an eyesore. I own a 4th Gen and have since 2013, so it doesn’t affect me, but come on, really?
Almost every brand will have an appearance weak point. You can spend $75M for a Ford 150 Platinum w/ Ecoboost and still have that pathetic looking single side exit tailpipe...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Gen 3's never really had them either, never made sense to me.
I had a 2003 2500 that did not have them. That was first thing I ordered when I bought that truck new. Was really bad looking without them.

Sammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya my big horn came with them.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, unless it's a Tradesman (and unlike F-series and Silverado), Ram does include rear wheel splash shields to reduce abrasion forward and aft of the rear wheel opening. These are two separate pieces. The full wheel house liners are a $100 option on all trims except Limited, where they are standard.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042258 miles.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 Longhorn has them, and so did my previous two Longhorns (2017 & 2013)

Knilas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 bighorn has em.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk