Install of oem tow hooks on a 14 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This is exactly what I've been wanting to do, color and all. Would love to get my mitts on a set of those brackets. :(

The color is Rustolium Professional Safety Red spray paint. I made the brackets myself out of 2"x2" angle mild steel. If you have a drill capable of the hole size needed and a jigsaw you can make them.

-K

thade

Reaction score
Any chance you would share the measurements or pattern, or a pic of what they look like installed from the underside so I can get an idea how they're set up?

As to the color, I'm still trying to decide if I want to use some of this brake caliper paint I have on hand, or have a local shop powder coat them for me. Either way, that red really looks sharp against the black truck.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Any chance you would share the measurements or pattern, or a pic of what they look like installed from the underside so I can get an idea how they're set up?

As to the color, I'm still trying to decide if I want to use some of this brake caliper paint I have on hand, or have a local shop powder coat them for me. Either way, that red really looks sharp against the black truck.

Thank you :)

They work just like the factory brackets, they just move the hooks over and up a bit.

This is from a test fit before things were painted. I've got the measurements around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

20180908-124716.jpg

-K

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking to have a shop use the dimensions of the custom brackets and make me a set, for anyone who has done it, what material did make the bracket out of? Any specific types of steel better than others for this?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The color is Rustolium Professional Safety Red spray paint. I made the brackets myself out of 2"x2" angle mild steel. If you have a drill capable of the hole size needed and a jigsaw you can make them.

-K
That is the color I used. Need to thought them up after some road chips from rocks. Holding up well though. Still really like the color. Looks like my pics have broken back on page 12. Two years in and still happy.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the last updates on this post is from last year, but has anyone come up with a source for these brackets. I have tow hooks installed on my 2013 Sport, but noticed that they are pushing down a fair amount on the bumper, and these custom brackets sure would help.

Thanks

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know the last updates on this post is from last year, but has anyone come up with a source for these brackets. I have tow hooks installed on my 2013 Sport, but noticed that they are pushing down a fair amount on the bumper, and these custom brackets sure would help.

Thanks
Bump looking for brackets or another solutio .
The plans are in this thread free to download I believe. If you take them to a properly equipped shop, they can fabricate them for you.

Honestly, I'm surprised a vendor hasn't picked these up to sell.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yaple57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The plans are in this thread free to download I believe. If you take them to a properly equipped shop, they can fabricate them for you.

Honestly, I'm surprised a vendor hasn't picked these up to sell.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Download the plans. Surprise we cant make the factory bracket work.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure wish you found a "pair" of them lying around. I'm checking with a friend of a friend to see if he make a set.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My gamble paid off, I just got a call last night from a friend that informed me that he made a set. Your welcome for the heads up. A win for both of us.

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found one bracket laying around anyone want it?

View attachment 199838
I can take this off your hands. I really wanted to get a set and am bummed I missed the bus on the set in the classifieds yesterday, but maybe I can take this to machine shop and have them duplicate it for the other side. I will DM you.