Is it Chrysler or the dealer that gives my info to warranty companies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DmanInDFW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also mess w them. I tell them no, I don't have THAT vehicle anymore but I DO have another vehicle that I do want an extended warranty for. You can hear a bit of excitement on their end when you say that. When they ask about it, I then inform them that it's a 1972 AMC Pacer. The silence on the other end is deafening. Amazingly they never do have an extended warranty for a Pacer. Jerks.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get calls for cars and trucks i got rid of 10yrs ago. Its crazy. I just mess with them. Tell them a lion ate your truck or something its fun.
My wife answers these sometimes. She got one and asked them which vehicle they were calling about. They didn't know, so asked her what she had. She said the only vehicle she owned was a 1980 Schwinn. They promptly hung up on her. But she still gets calls sometimes.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My wife answers these sometimes. She got one and asked them which vehicle they were calling about. They didn't know, so asked her what she had. She said the only vehicle she owned was a 1980 Schwinn. They promptly hung up on her. But she still gets calls sometimes.
Ha ha Thats a good one. I told a lady we lost are nitro in hurricane Katrina and the nitro was a 2011 and Katrina was in 05. She told me how sorry she was. I felt bad after that one. I have fun with it. I have a 40 mile ride to and from work every day and nothing to do while im driving. Good times

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got another last night (work phone so I have to answer it), so waited for a rep and he asked about my model to see if it was eligible for coverage so I told him what I drive a

1957 Schwinn one speed - he said unfortunately my vehicle is not eligible for coverage and aksed do I have any other vehicles, I told him no I don't own any other vehicles.

Haha, I just saw that someone else drives a schwinn

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I get calls and mail every single day. There’s NO stopping it. At all. Ever. I’ve done everything but sue. I KNOW it’s the DMV because a dealership told me. DMV claims they don’t and quoted a bunch of BS and it’s all lies. They do it and you can’t stop it. No one cares about the consumer. Been fighting this for a decade. It’s an uphill losing battle.

Saw a report the other day that says the California DMV does sell your information for profit.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Lol I mean they might as well just admit it, it’s a given, and not like we have any control in the matter. If they’re honest then we can stop complaining how they’re hiding it and lying at least [emoji23]