Is it Chrysler or the dealer that gives my info to warranty companies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been spammed ever since I bought my truck 4 years ago by warranty companies, but ever since I paid the truck off, I get 2-3 e-mails per day offering warranties or service contracts.

These spam e-mails know what kind of truck I have and often have the VIN.

Who betrayed my trust? Chrysler Capital, maybe?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's not hard to find who owns what in today's world so it's hard to say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I get calls for cars and trucks i got rid of 10yrs ago. Its crazy. I just mess with them. Tell them a lion ate your truck or something its fun.

OP
OP
Tangent

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
hmmmmmm. they might get info from the DMV. Never thought of that.

KPMH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been spammed ever since I bought my truck 4 years ago by warranty companies, but ever since I paid the truck off, I get 2-3 e-mails per day offering warranties or service contracts.

No honor among thieves...:)

Pete

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I think you are right. I don't get emails but I get at least two calls a week and one letter every two weeks warning me that my warranty is about to expire. I have MaxCare on both my RAMs so why are they bothering me, must be data from the DMV.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I get e mails and phone calls as well ! Your info on a vehicle is public knowledge ! I love the one about Your Vehicle warranty is about to expire on my 2011 HHR lol I get about 3 or 4 a month in the mail and at least 3 times a week on the cell and house phones :O

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
D

Did they try to sell you a warranty on your shoes?...

They hung up on me!!!!! ********
Will probably call again next week - I hate spam callers and I have to answer the phone for work.

Had one from "Credit Card Services", told them I was interested but couldn't talk right then and could I call them back in 5 minutes - they hung up too! ********

Another I kept on the phone but had them hold on while I answered the door, etc. for 3 times - each time I laid the phone down on my computer speaker and cranked the volume up as loud as it would go. I have to give him credit, he hung in there for 3 holds. hahaha

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The blocked number list on my phone is pretty long and growing. All I do is hang up and block the number. I don't get more than a couple a week anymore and sometimes none.

My4thRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Classic Tradesman
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I'm not a mensa member, but if the calls started (as you said) right after you paid the truck off, I'd put my money on the finance company selling your data.:D

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I was getting calls all last summer, several each week, then suddenly they stopped.
Or maybe not, I don't generally answer calls whose number I don't recognize.
At least now many calls say "telemarketer" and I block those.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I get calls and mail every single day. There’s NO stopping it. At all. Ever. I’ve done everything but sue. I KNOW it’s the DMV because a dealership told me. DMV claims they don’t and quoted a bunch of BS and it’s all lies. They do it and you can’t stop it. No one cares about the consumer. Been fighting this for a decade. It’s an uphill losing battle.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6

The DMV sells the info.

If you get a call, I do one of two things. I tell them it just turned 300,000 miles or I speak French or German. They do not call back.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I told one yesterday that I don't own any vehicles so why are they calling me.

I usually go to ebay and pull up a vin on a Ferrari or high end Porsche. I can string some of them along for a little while but every so often I will get an immediate hang up or some ****** who tells me how nice my ride is, hah.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're getting an extended warranty solicitation from FCA, your name and address came from FCA.

Unless there's recent change, FCA generally does not sell it's client list to competitive warranty suppliers. The bulk of independent solicitations are probably coming from your state DMV. That's a revenue stream for them. Other sources good be tire and oil change stores, or any business where the vehicle type and year are associated with your name.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 025767 miles.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
here in Texas they get it from the public available DMV registrations listing. Yep, andf you'll get spammed for months or even years with some aftermarket companies wanting you to buy their warantee. Makes for good recycle paper stuffing...