Issues after cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apager

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Morning all,

Taking to this group for some help on my cam swap I did on my 09 HEMI. Just got done replacing JUST the cam (no lifters). Re timed it by lining up the marks on the chain with the phaser at 12 o clock and pointing the keyway of the crank at 3 o clock (or towards the 5.7 mark on the oil pump). After starting the truck runs extremely rough and idles high (1.2). Trying to rev it up and it doesn’t go past 2k rpm. Attached are the codes that it is throwing.

So my next question is where do I start. Take the valve covers off and see if the rockers are going down like they should? I’m really hoping it’s not the timing so I don’t have to tear everything apart again.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Apauger

Attachments

• 8279368B-B940-4386-B18D-BCB29FD74384.jpeg
    8279368B-B940-4386-B18D-BCB29FD74384.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stock 5.7 with 6.4l cam and MDS delete
did you have the lifter cam issue the reason for replacing the cam?
the timing marks on the crank should be at the 6 o'clock position and then line the chain marks up with the crank and cam sprockets.

as for the codes it sugests it might be the VTT solenoid under the intake and right behind the cam sprocket