Jscan - better than AlfaOBD?

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@XXSNOTRODXX Thanks for the info. I have AlphaOBD, but sometimes just don't have the time to fiddle around with it. I think I'll try JScan out.
For basic tuning (and most stuff people want to tweak) JScan will have you covered. It’s only when you have more advanced stuff you want to do is when I’d bust out my Alfa . Both have their place... but for a quick convenient change JScan is definitely my go to. And regardless of iOS or Android JScan works on both I believe.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think Alfa would take off like a rocket if they made 2 very important changes. Add support for iOS and overhaul the user interface.

That's more of apple having their stuff "locked" then AlfaOBD adding the support. There area lot of devices that will not work right with apple because of this, hence why jailbreaking took off as well as it did

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's more of apple having their stuff "locked" then AlfaOBD adding the support. There area lot of devices that will not work right with apple because of this, hence why jailbreaking took off as well as it did
True, if only all players could just get along for the benefit of the consumer .

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Took a look at the specs. The OBDLink MX is only supported for Android, you need the MX+ for IOS. So for those of us already invested in AlfaOBD, sucks to have to buy new hardware as well.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Reviving and hoping more info is available for the JScan. I’ve had this for a while and used it on my wife’s jku and my old 2011 ram and had great success with anything tried. Was able to disable my tpms on the 2011 ram with no problem since it went to shit. Got tired of the faulty modules giving false reading. Anyway I now have a 2015 ram 2500 and can’t for the life of me get the tpms to lower my threshold from the 80 psi factory setting. It will show the setting on my screen at the psi I want it at but it still sets off a low tire pressure light before it reaches my setting I have it set at. Hopefully I’m just doing something wrong maybe somebody has done this on a newer Ram.
I don’t have Facebook to reach out to the developer of JScan which is the only way to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Reviving and hoping more info is available for the JScan. I’ve had this for a while and used it on my wife’s jku and my old 2011 ram and had great success with anything tried. Was able to disable my tpms on the 2011 ram with no problem since it went to shit. Got tired of the faulty modules giving false reading. Anyway I now have a 2015 ram 2500 and can’t for the life of me get the tpms to lower my threshold from the 80 psi factory setting. It will show the setting on my screen at the psi I want it at but it still sets off a low tire pressure light before it reaches my setting I have it set at. Hopefully I’m just doing something wrong maybe somebody has done this on a newer Ram.
I don’t have Facebook to reach out to the developer of JScan which is the only way to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 2013-2018 Rams (and 2019+ ram classics), the RF Hub needs to be reset in order for the hub to realize the new pressure thresholds in the BCM. Jscan can not do this, but AlfaOBD can.