just purchased bullydog gt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradmxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys this is my first tuner for any vehicle I have owned. My truck is a 2012 ram 1500 outdoorsman. I've had it for almost 2 years. Right away I put a 2 inch leveling kit, a 3 inch body lift and 35's on xd spy's. Needless to say the mileage really went down hill. The throttle response and sluggishness were almost unbearable. Surging and lag in the higher gears. So I bought a bullydog gt this weekend and installed the regular tune. My mileage increased dramatically and the truck is way (and I mean way) more drive able. I can feel the extra power and torque easily. Although it's probably not a big gain. But if I had to give a reason to buy this tuner it would be the change in driveability and the transmission changes alone make this worth it. Anyway I know I'm gonna get alot of questions about this because I haven't found anything on any of the forums really that's concrete for or against the tuners. Feel free if I can answer it for you I will. Now that I've driven it a while like this I left all settings stock except for tire size, I'm wondering about tweaks I can do to make it better. Should I adust throttle response? Like I said I left it stock. What about shift points? I guess I'm looking for someone with experience in these tuners and how they have theirs set up and what their results were. I know the hemi fever tune for diablosport adjusts the throttle response more. Any help will be appreciated. And one more thing because I know this will be a question asked. My fuel consumption was anywhere from 18-22 litres/100 kms depending on how often I reset the calculation. Now it's steasy 12-14 litres/100kms. Well worth the money I paid for it

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey guys this is my first tuner for any vehicle I have owned. My truck is a 2012 ram 1500 outdoorsman. I've had it for almost 2 years. Right away I put a 2 inch leveling kit, a 3 inch body lift and 35's on xd spy's. Needless to say the mileage really went down hill. The throttle response and sluggishness were almost unbearable. Surging and lag in the higher gears. So I bought a bullydog gt this weekend and installed the regular tune. My mileage increased dramatically and the truck is way (and I mean way) more drive able. I can feel the extra power and torque easily. Although it's probably not a big gain. But if I had to give a reason to buy this tuner it would be the change in driveability and the transmission changes alone make this worth it. Anyway I know I'm gonna get alot of questions about this because I haven't found anything on any of the forums really that's concrete for or against the tuners. Feel free if I can answer it for you I will. Now that I've driven it a while like this I left all settings stock except for tire size, I'm wondering about tweaks I can do to make it better. Should I adust throttle response? Like I said I left it stock. What about shift points? I guess I'm looking for someone with experience in these tuners and how they have theirs set up and what their results were. I know the hemi fever tune for diablosport adjusts the throttle response more. Any help will be appreciated. And one more thing because I know this will be a question asked. My fuel consumption was anywhere from 18-22 litres/100 kms depending on how often I reset the calculation. Now it's steasy 12-14 litres/100kms. Well worth the money I paid for it

Do you do a lot of in town driving? 18-22 is terrible lol! I get 20 towing a 25' aluminum cargo trailer! Same lift and on 35's. However I also have a hemifever custom tune, S&B CAI, and MBRP cat back, all of which help!

I'm anywhere between 11.5-12.3 l/100 kms driving strictly highway at 90 kmh on cruise. When I start driving to work (in town driving and only 4 mins from home) my mileage jumps to 15-17 l/100 kms. In the winter it goes to 20 because of my remote starting!

Glad you like your tuner man! Seems to have made a big difference for you! Welcome to the forum! You should post a pic of your truck when you get a chance. We're suckers for truck pics on here, haha!

OP
OP
B

Bradmxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll for sure post a pic as soon as I can. Yeah I was getting really fed up with how much fuel I was burning. So I figured I'd try the tuner and if that didn't help I'd put my truck back to stock. But low and behold it made a huge improvement. Most of my driving is in town back and forth to work. But that's not where I was hurting on the mileage really. Believe it or not I actually was getting worse mileage on the highway then in town. I haven't made a long trip yet with the tuner to check it out. Hopefully sometime in the near future

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'll for sure post a pic as soon as I can. Yeah I was getting really fed up with how much fuel I was burning. So I figured I'd try the tuner and if that didn't help I'd put my truck back to stock. But low and behold it made a huge improvement. Most of my driving is in town back and forth to work. But that's not where I was hurting on the mileage really. Believe it or not I actually was getting worse mileage on the highway then in town. I haven't made a long trip yet with the tuner to check it out. Hopefully sometime in the near future
What gears do you have?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bradmxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It still has stock gearing in the rear end. I don't really plan on changing them though. Not really that good at gear ratios

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
It still has stock gearing in the rear end. I don't really plan on changing them though. Not really that good at gear ratios
I meant do you have the 3.21 or 3.92 gears?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk