Katzkin Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, has anyone installed the Leatherseats.com heated seat kit (mainly the 6 position dial knob kit) with their seat skins (Katzkin)? If so do they get overly warm? Mine will hardly get warm at all on either setting, but occasionally will feel like they're about to get hot but seem to cut out again right away. Both sides are like this. I'm getting power to all connections and I've used the appropriate wire gauge. Just a pain after dropping this coin and not having them work properly.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, has anyone installed the Leatherseats.com heated seat kit (mainly the 6 position dial knob kit) with their seat skins (Katzkin)? If so do they get overly warm? Mine will hardly get warm at all on either setting, but occasionally will feel like they're about to get hot but seem to cut out again right away. Both sides are like this. I'm getting power to all connections and I've used the appropriate wire gauge. Just a pain after dropping this coin and not having them work properly.

Nope.

I got the heating/cooling elements directly from Katzskin when I had them installed. Work fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope.

I got the heating/cooling elements directly from Katzskin when I had them installed. Work fine for me.

Yeah it's not making any sense to me, I could see if they weren't working at all.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added Katzkin too. I noticed my seats dont get nearly as warm as they did on cloth

I thought it was broken for a little while lol

Its just the leather

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added Katzkin too. I noticed my seats dont get nearly as warm as they did on cloth

Its just the leather

The leather IS thick. Wondering if that’s it?

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Id assume so but who knows

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That could be the case I guess as I don't have anything to compare it to. But if so I don't know why they would even offer the heated kits at all. I would think after 30+ minutes on max setting it would become somewhat uncomfortable. The thing that confuses me is why they sometimes start to feel hot for a brief minute then seem to cut out again. I'll have to do some more digging into it and see what kind of current they're drawing.

mbryanr2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For reference...Had the Katzkin installed last year, the high switch is hot hot. The low setting is comfortable warm throughout.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For reference...Had the Katzkin installed last year, the high switch is hot hot. The low setting is comfortable warm througout.

Ok thanks! Good to know. I would expect the Katzkins to maybe take a little longer to heat up due to being thicker, but I should definitely be able to feel something at high setting (they're are 6 settings on my kit).

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same issue for me. I got
Katskin leather seats and had oem heated seats . They def aren’t as warm as with cloth but I attributed it to the thicker leather.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Its just the leather
You can adjust the heating temp on your factory seats with the Alfa tool. There are three settings, cloth, perforated leather and just leather. Not sure if you have the Alfa or not but thought I would mention it. It's in the Memory section under (seat material type). I haven't seen anyone comment on whether or not it makes a big difference or not. When I upgraded to Laramie heated/vented seats from standard manual non heated seats and I enabled all the heated/vented seat codes I set mine to (perforated leather). They seem to work pretty well. I have been considering changing to setting to strait leather to see if they actually get hotter. Of course this will only work if you have the factory setup. ee6b15272e639b79034b2c994ebcee9e.jpgefef6e749456ae34737033ddbca68ba8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can adjust the heating temp on your factory seats with the Alfa tool. There are three settings, cloth, perforated leather and just leather. Not sure if you have the Alfa or not but thought I would mention it. It's in the Memory section under (seat material type). I haven't seen anyone comment on whether or not it makes a big difference or not. When I upgraded to Laramie heated/vented seats from standard manual non heated seats and I enabled all the heated/vented seat codes I set mine to (perforated leather). They seem to work pretty well. I have been considering changing to setting to strait leather to see if they actually get hotter. Of course this will only work if you have the factory setup. ee6b15272e639b79034b2c994ebcee9e.jpgefef6e749456ae34737033ddbca68ba8.jpg

I'll try it tom and get back to you! Thanks sir happy holidays!

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That’s awesome ! Can u tell me how to get to that menu? I have alfaobd

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s awesome ! Can u tell me how to get to that menu? I have alfaobd

Just go into the Body Computer and scroll down to the (Car Configuration Change Menu) and select it. Then scroll down to the memory section and then select (seat material type).

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just go into the Body Computer and scroll down to the (Car Configuration Change Menu) and select it. Then scroll down to the memory section and then select (seat material type).

Thank you sir!

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll try it tom and get back to you! Thanks sir happy holidays!

Update! I used the advice to change the memory seat material to leather instead of cloth and sure enough.... it worked! My seats become noticeably warmer compared to the cloth setting . Thanks again to those who helped!

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update! I used the advice to change the memory seat material to leather instead of cloth and sure enough.... it worked! My seats become noticeably warmer compared to the cloth setting . Thanks again to those who helped!

Agreed definitely helped.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did you do base leather or perforated leather? Or does it not really matter which leather you pick.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you do base leather or perforated leather? Or does it not really matter which leather you pick.

I chose base leather as my katskins aren’t perforated. Also I assumed... using logic.. that it would allow for a higher temp threshold than perforated would due to the thicker material. [emoji2373] could be wrong tho