Key Fob Help 25 bucks to anyone that can help me fix it back to normal and it works.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
04 1500 quadcab. Got me two new key fobs and the dorman programmer. Boom worked like a charm. I should be happy right? Oh no I didn't like the horn beeping when I locked the doors, So i used one or 60 of the Youtube videos. Well i was able to turn off the horn but now my doors want unlock with the fob. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hell if it works I might buy you a happy meal.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sounds like aftermarket parts not functioning like OEM.
Probably best to have the doors working and live with the beep.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like aftermarket parts not functioning like OEM.
Probably best to have the doors working and live with the beep.
They worked perfectly until i messed with them trying to deactivate the horn beep while locking.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
When I programmed my 2 after market from ebay fobs I did the procedure as outlined online for my make and model truck a couple of times and then they still didn't work. My wife went out to the truck and had them programmed in 2 minutes and couldn't understand why I had a problem. Yes, she even got the horn to stop with the annoying beep. So if you haven't figured this out yet, let me ask you, are you married?
Just kidding. The procedure is really simple and I found several varieties of it on line. Maybe she used a different one than I did. But if you've already searched through the owner's manual and looked online, then all I can do is wish you luck. It sounds like you were close, if that counts.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey Ole Buck, simple question if you're still messing with your fobs. Do you have a factory fob that still works? (that's your starting point if you do)

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do I found it yesterday or what i believe is left of it. Going to stick a battery in it this evening and see if she still works.