Krown Rust proofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Who has had there truck Krowned...... Any issues
Is the underside of truck a gooey mess afterwards to work on?

darren Toth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been using Krown and everything, dirt, dust sticks to it. I tell them to not spray the engine bay. I believe all rust proofing are all the same though, except that electronic thing but not sure how effective or at all it is.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who has had there truck Krowned...... Any issues
Is the underside of truck a gooey mess afterwards to work on?

Its not HORRIBLE, but you will get greasy/messy.

I sprayed my truck myself last October shortly after purchase. Havent really worked underneath it (other than rolling around trying to find what might be vibrating) but yes I do come out with grease on my hands.

Small price to pay for the protection, IMHO.

It did freak out my service department...."we were looking under the truck and seriously thought you had a major leak, then we realized it was undercoating spray"

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I spray Fluid Film on the undercarriage of my truck every fall which is similar to Krown. It does leave a greasy film on everything which does attract dirt. When I put the factory backup cam in my truck I got pretty covered in it while running the wires. That's why now I make sure to wear long sleeved clothes I don't care about while working under the truck.

But as mentioned it's a small price to pay to not have the truck rot out from under you. If there was a Krown dealer closer to me I would have it done.

Reactions: U&A

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's been a Canadian thing for eons, but you see Krown shops popping up in the States now too. Given I live a few minutes from the border, I know folks used to drive over to get it done and swear by the stuff. I've got 3 or more Krown shops within 30 miles of me now. I'm thinking about having my 2017 Ram done, but I'm not sure if I wanna wait closer to fall or not..

It's thin and wears off, so for it to be effective, it has to be resprayed every year for maximum effectiveness. I've heard of some people in the rust belt having their vehicle sprayed in the fall and spring. It's about $100 every time.

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Same experience as the others. Krown will leave a gummy residue on the undercarriage.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does seem to work. I Fluid Filmed our 2013 Jeep Wrangler for two years myself getting covered in crap and spending a fair amount of money. Then I found out that Krown would do it cheaper and have used them for the last two years. I had my truck done last September and will get them both done again this September. The first time you do it will drip a lot and continue to drip for almost a week so don't park it in your driveway or garage for that time. The second application definitely drips a lot less. The Jeep didn't drip much at all last time but my truck left oil all over. It will eventually wash away on the ground though.

It will be oily and dirt will collect on it but it has not been a problem when I have been working underneath it adding side steps and doing oil changes.

Like mentioned earlier tell them not to spray the underside of the hood or inside the engine compartment. It will run down the outside fenders for years. Spray the leading edge of the hood seam through the holes yourself as that is where the hood may rust and call it done. I have never seen the inside of an engine bay rust and they salt the **** out of the roads here.

Last edited:

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I use a similar product also. Its sprayed on an shot inside of doors, tailgate, body panels etc. I feel when we spend 40 plus thousand on our machines, its a VERY reasonable cost to protect our investment.
It's been a Canadian thing for eons, but you see Krown shops popping up in the States now too. Given I live a few minutes from the border, I know folks used to drive over to get it done and swear by the stuff. I've got 3 or more Krown shops within 30 miles of me now. I'm thinking about having my 2017 Ram done, but I'm not sure if I wanna wait closer to fall or not..

It's thin and wears off, so for it to be effective, it has to be resprayed every year for maximum effectiveness. I've heard of some people in the rust belt having their vehicle sprayed in the fall and spring. It's about $100 every time.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just had my 2018 Krown-ed two days ago. This is my solution for a week to take care of any drips. I have an oil change coming up that I'm sure will be a bit messy.bf0809535070699e3d49bbcfe7f50ba3.jpg

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been using Krown and everything, dirt, dust sticks to it. I tell them to not spray the engine bay. I believe all rust proofing are all the same though, except that electronic thing but not sure how effective or at all it is.

I had that electronic thing in my ram. Its nothing but a scam. There is rust all underneath my truck.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I bought a gallon of fluid film and was able to coat everything, inside all panels,frame, bumpers, doors, hood, etc, etc. I do it twice a year for less then 50$

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Just whant to show how good a truck can look after 3 years when protected properly.

37.500 miles over 3 years and let's say half that on salty roads here in Sweden.

img_5415-jpg.120330

img_5442-jpg.120328

Last edited:

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks similar in consistency to NH Oil Undercoating except the NH is black...

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
First product I found when google it

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does no one use good old high temp engine paint or Rustoleum on their undercarriage?

Probably chips a little easier but definitely not as messy.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Does no one use good old high temp engine paint or Rustoleum on their undercarriage?

Probably chips a little easier but definitely not as messy.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Paint doesn’t creep into crevices like known or ff, can’t get inside panels or frame with paint. It’s good to paint the exterior of frame.