LED Upgrade in Projector Housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6
Without getting into the whole debate of how much better HID's are in the projector housings, has anyone had any success with an LED bulb? I know the LED's have come a long way and was looking at the Headlight Revolution V.4's. They are $297 but dont mind spending the money if there is a significant improvement in lighting.

Yes I know HID is the way to go however, I prefer a P&P solution and have no desire to start running wires for ballasts and drilling dust covers etc. Just wondering if anyone with the projector housing has gone with an LED bulb and is happy with it.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the high beam side, yes. low beam, no. Went HID, plug and play if you own OBDLINK MX scan tool and AlfaOBD app. No drilling or running extra wires.
you’ll scatter light like hell with LED low beams but they’re plug and play.
Also, love my LED high beam and fogs.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If we’re in agreement that HIDs are better, then get a set of DDM Tuning HIDs (link in my build thread in my sig). It’s completely plug and play, won’t melt your housings, and all the components will fit in the headlight with some creative packing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
If we’re in agreement that HIDs are better, then get a set of DDM Tuning HIDs (link in my build thread in my sig). It’s completely plug and play, won’t melt your housings, and all the components will fit in the headlight with some creative packing.

You have quads ?

OP
OP
Mission72

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6
In the high beam side, yes. low beam, no. Went HID, plug and play if you own OBDLINK MX scan tool and AlfaOBD app. No drilling or running extra wires.
you’ll scatter light like hell with LED low beams but they’re plug and play.
Also, love my LED high beam and fogs.

You say LED in low beam will scatter light like hell. Is this an opinion? I'm sure the folks over at Headlight Revolution did a little bit of testing when they made their LED bulbs designed for projectors.

https://www.headlightrevolution.com...rade-v-4-0917RAM9005-v4-LOW-PROJ_2?quantity=1

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You say LED in low beam will scatter light like hell. Is this an opinion? I'm sure the folks over at Headlight Revolution did a little bit of testing when they made their LED bulbs designed for projectors.
https://www.headlightrevolution.com...rade-v-4-0917RAM9005-v4-LOW-PROJ_2?quantity=1

nah, not so much of an opinion as it was the case with mine and a local Ram guy. I don’t much care what the headlight revo guys say, they’re just pushing product and test indoors most the time.
It didn’t work for me or the other fellar.
If you like it, hey, good for you.
i answered your question, but since you linked headlight revo, seems as you have all the answers already.
happy modding pal.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
First qurstion, were your projectors designed for halogen or hid, there's a huge difference in the optics between the two, just like there is a difference between a projector and a reflector housing. Hids will out preform led in a projector designed for hid, but in a halogen projector, a good quality led can blow a hid away in the same projector because the led is designed to replicate a halogen bulb.
So again.... What type of projector?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mission72

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6
OP
OP
Mission72

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6
First qurstion, were your projectors designed for halogen or hid, there's a huge difference in the optics between the two, just like there is a difference between a projector and a reflector housing. Hids will out preform led in a projector designed for hid, but in a halogen projector, a good quality led can blow a hid away in the same projector because the led is designed to replicate a halogen bulb.
So again.... What type of projector?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hi Kodiak. Makes sense. I have a 2019 Ram Classic Warlock with stock projectors so they would be currently housing stock halogens.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
I've had these in my truck for 8 months and love them. They are bright and white - which is exactly what I was looking for. Plug and Play and priced right. I have the projectors and did the high and low beams. I ended up doing the fog/driving lights too - so the colors would match. Its a HUGE difference having the fog/driving lights switched also.

BTW - I have had no issues with flickering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WCSJQYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

shopman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had these in my truck for 8 months and love them. They are bright and white - which is exactly what I was looking for. Plug and Play and priced right. I have the projectors and did the high and low beams. I ended up doing the fog/driving lights too - so the colors would match. Its a HUGE difference having the fog/driving lights switched also.

BTW - I have had no issues with flickering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WCSJQYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have the same in the High and low beams and they have been working great for me also.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OP
OP
Mission72

Mission72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6
Wait for these to come in stock and onsale, got them for $133.
https://brisource.com/products/lumibright-xt1-gen2-led-headlight-bulbs?variant=36412219818134

Ive had ddm ultra hids and 45w hylux ballasts with morimoto 5500kv bulbs and i honestly like the LEDs in stock projectors better.
Small package easy install under dust cover.
I did post a bunch of road shots in another thread id have to find or just search lumibrightView attachment 243857 View attachment 243858

Thanks Cableman...I actually posted in that thread back in November as I was interested in the outcome. I forgot to check back though. They look promising.

Last edited:

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait for these to come in stock and onsale, got them for $133.
https://brisource.com/products/lumibright-xt1-gen2-led-headlight-bulbs?variant=36412219818134

Ive had ddm ultra hids and 45w hylux ballasts with morimoto 5500kv bulbs and i honestly like the LEDs in stock projectors better.
Small package easy install under dust cover.
I did post a bunch of road shots in another thread id have to find or just search lumibrightView attachment 243857 View attachment 243858
Did you have to purchase the decoder harness or is it built in?