Lets see your NON OEM Fog Light Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
If you have the steel bumper i think tou can get down to the steel for mounting bolts. I have an aftermarket bumper but i did have the steel tradesman bumper before.

Halogen lamps are a must have for me, both as a courtesy and safety factor for other motorists and for my own comfort because glare and blue light start to hurt after a few hours. The PIAA 410 use a 9005 style bulb so lots of low glare (or other color choices) are available
I can get thrifty, just a matter of finished look. It's winter here in NJ so I cant paint unless I can get it into the house to cure so welding is out for a few months. I'm sure I could weasel an "L" or "U" bracket in there to stiffen it up without much work. It's rainy today so I'm relying on the interweb for my answers lol.

I want a new bumper, I spent my money building a jeep for trail duty, only for it to turn out too nice, so I'm gonna sell it and repurpose some of that into my ram. Until than, this cheesy bumper will do.

I'm gonna look at those PIAAs now!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hey, just a heads up... you and I were talking about you getting a CTS - you realize they make a switch add-on for it too, right?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What about cutting a couple holes and mounting a style like this on either side of the license plate513m-+Q65YL.01_SL500_.jpg

PHILKATY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lots of choices! I DO have oem fogs but added to them.
LED in quads and fogs
40 watt flood Tow hook flush mount
40 watt 2 row spots behind honeycomb grill

Tow hook pods
View attachment 187305

Tow hook and behind grill with oem head and fogs
View attachment 187306

All LEDs
View attachment 187307

Front shot

View attachment 187308

Not up to sbaron's nuclear light output but its damn bright when needed..lol

View attachment 187309
do you have any links to where you got your lights from? Thanks

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
do you have any links to where you got your lights from? Thanks

Not handy..
40w tow hook pods direct from opt-7 website as ebay only had 18w
Behind grill pods off Amazon

Screenshot_20191202-062337_Amazon Shopping.jpg

joseph antoine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Go to Amazon they have the lights and the mounting brackets that fit behind the tow hooks install the brackets behind the hooks

brockster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Caveat: If you expect to use your OEM front tow hooks at their max load this solution won't work for you.

The truck is a 2017 Ram 2500, OEM chrome front bumper WITHOUT the OEM fog lamp cut outs. I wanted an economical fog lamp set up for occasional use in the NC/VA mountains, but I had to be able to get to the front OEM tow hooks when needed in an emergency. I consider working front tow hooks are a requirement when I'm off-road on fire trails, etc. I checked with a materials engineering buddy about the impact of drilling a 1/4" dia hole in the thickest part of the OEM front tow hooks. Acceptable to me...wouldn't make a difference based on my guess about maximum tow hook load.

I decided on these....
https://www.kchilites.com/industry/fog-lights/4-gravity-led-fog-light-pair-pack-system.html
Factors were specs, brand-name, price.

Installation was easy (but I burned up a couple of 1/4" drills getting through to hardened tow hooks). Routing and wiring was easy...everything I needed was in the kit from KC HiLites. I didn't do anything fancy with the switch. That might be a down-stream upgrade.

AF1QipOgRhLCik83DDeqoKeTyfmwNlXhTyFLULsOYxfa
IMG_20191202_090542986.jpg

The lamps are easy to aim and work just fine.

YMMV, and good luck.

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So like the title says, I'd like to see what you're running for fogs that are non oem. I have a tradesman, I have a non fog bumper, so I'm curious to see some mounting ideas and switching setups and locations. If you have a picture of the lights on at night that'd be great as im looking for dot compliance that won't blind oncoming traffic, amber fogs would be a home run! Lets see what y'all got!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I have a SLT which didn't come with the fog light bumper. For $300 I bought and installed the bumper, got the OE-like smoked light housing off of ebay for $40ish, then bought the wiring harness and switch for $200ish. Probably way more than an aftermarket setup will get you, but I like the clean look. The wiring and switch kit I bought was meant for fogs in the tow hook area, so that's an option!

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I used Rigid Lamps, they are DOT compliant and they do light up the world. Here in the Central Valley area of California they are a "Must Have"..
Found the brackets on e-bay, they mount by removing the two inner tow hook bolts and just replacing the bolts with two that are about a half inch longer. Brackets are extra heavy duty
and do not need any additional support. A little rework of the lower plastic grill and your set to go.

Munqee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the stock lights but I wanted more, however, the parking sensors prevent a bull bar. So I went with this grill, I have upgraded the light bar and pods, I have the wiring ran into the cab, just not properly placed yet.rOHt6tN.jpg

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
I have the stock lights but I wanted more, however, the parking sensors prevent a bull bar. So I went with this grill, I have upgraded the light bar and pods, I have the wiring ran into the cab, just not properly placed yet.rOHt6tN.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2018 Tradesman with added fogs.56129c24d488050f1e2b4b0d72f7e475.jpg1c504d4cdde01fdef42af5bc1ef7ca4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I assume you purchased a different bumper? And were you able to purchase the OEM light switch with push button and flash code, or did you use one of the auxiliary buttons below radio?

TC III

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I assume you purchased a different bumper? And were you able to purchase the OEM light switch with push button and flash code, or did you use one of the auxiliary buttons below radio?
Yes that's right. Just purchased a shell jumper and transferred all the "insides", light switch, and added the code. Not too hard at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FlyingA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016, 1992
Engine
HEMI 6.4, Cummins 12 valve
Built this push/grill guard and mounted two Hella rally lights, two Perlux amber fog and 24" led drive/flood light also fabbed in reciver hitch. All run off separate relays and isolated fuse panel.IMG_0664.JPG