Leveling 2013 Ram Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noob here so bare with me.

Just purchased a 2013 Ram Outdoorsman 1500 4x4 5.7

Wanting to put a 2.5in level on the front. I've read about all the issues with the ball joints and UCA. Problem is, all the kits I've found require the air ride suspension, when I bought it, the owners manual wasn't included. Being a mechanical novice I'm not sure how to tell if it has the air ride. Also, if it doesn't have the air ride, what are my options outside of changing the entire suspension.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
plenty of ways to see if you have air ride. the easiest would be the ride height buttons on the center stack under the radio, or the entry/exit mode on the key fob. you can also take a look at your suspension. if you see coil springs, you dont have air ride.

with that said, if you dont have air ride, theres tons of leveling kits out there.

OP
OP
T

TheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I don't have the air ride.

Now that that's figured out, do you have any suggestions on kits I can use for a 2.5" level. Kits that include the uppercontrol arms and leveling kit.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Bilstein 5100's are a better option than spacers for leveling. You can read more information about that in the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature or search around the forum a bit.
With Bilsteins you don't necessarily need new UCA's but if you do want them I'd recommend Zone's.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
skip the spacers, they are big waste of money.

Get bills or ranchos

OP
OP
T

TheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only reason I was mentioning UCA's is becuase everything I have read suggests that if you go over 2" of lift in the front, your ball joints will popout. Do the Bilstein's keep this from happeing?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge front ends are junk, Might as well change them since you are tearing the truck apart and getting an alignment.

OP
OP
T

TheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would change the upper control arms and the ball joints but since I don't have the air ride I'm not sure where I need to go from here.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
The only reason I was mentioning UCA's is becuase everything I have read suggests that if you go over 2" of lift in the front, your ball joints will popout. Do the Bilstein's keep this from happeing?

Yes as long as they're installed correctly. Bilsteins keep the suspension travel within OEM specs which. Spacers allow the suspension to overextend which is where the ball joints pop out.

Saltbreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have bilsteins set at 2.1 I think. I have had them on for about 2 years. Only have them in the front. Never experienced any of the 4wd vibration or any other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk