LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brooke king

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hi guys, this is my first ever thread but Ive read a lot and learned a bunch from ram forum.

Here is my issue... I bought my truck brand new on July,31 2008 which is being called the in service date.

to keep my lifetime powertrain warranty I need to have the lifetime powertrain inspection done every 5 years. within +\- 60 days of in service date. I had my first one done july 3 2013. And not knowing anything about the 60 day window I had it done the second time on November 7 2017... 6 months out of the window.... needless to say ive had so many problems with the transfer case actuator motor and about to have the 3rd one put in as we speak. that's the 3rd actuator motor since feruary 2016. dodge says I voided my warranty because I didn't have it inspected within the window.. has anyone else got screwed over on this ?? I currently have a dispute case with Chrysler because this is bullshi* I have only kept this truck 10 years bc of the warranty....

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that a Mopar maxcare warranty or one provided by your dealer?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Is that a Mopar maxcare warranty or one provided by your dealer?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sounds like the one they briefly offered from late 2007 to early 2009 during the bankruptcy transition to FCA ownership. It was given for free for those model years to help with sales. The OP's situation is not unique but to play Devil's Advocate, the 5 year inspection and +/- 60 day window was in the contract language give to each owner. Also, corporate is suppose to mail a reminder card so many days prior to last address on record.

The problem is most owners never read the contract language and if they moved and never updated their contact info for the reminder, well they would not get that either. While I have empathy for the OP's situation, contractually the OP missing the window is what it is and his situation is not unique.

soonerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I didn't move after the first reminder and got it done. The second notice never came so i called and checkedwith the dealer and had 2 weeks. I got the second one in but have it setup to check every year on my phone calender

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Yep we never got our second notice either. I also have it set up in my phone

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Don't be surprised when the dispute fizzles. They covered the bases when I bought my Nitro back in '08. They put this in the warranty book and even signed a paper acknowledging the 5yr +60 days. All I got was the 1st reminder also.

LT WARR.jpg