Lifter Failure after non mds swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mm5seven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello Fellas,
Recently purchase a Texas Speed Performance OE Non MDS Cam Kit and got it swapped out at a local shop.

3 days after driving the truck, i got a rough idle and a cylinder 2 misfire code came up. Also one of the lifters got really noisy which im guessing is a failure because of the misfire. I bought another OEM lifter from mopar and i am going to get it swapped out. Im currently not driving the truck i just move it across the street cause of street sweeping because it wants to die whenever it is in low idle, i understand this might be because the truck is not tuned??
Anyone have something similar happen?

This is a headache and i want to be done with it. Thanks!

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just read another thread that a member stated that those texas lifters are weak chineseium junk.

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3 days after driving the truck, i got a rough idle and a cylinder 2 misfire code came up. Also one of the lifters got really noisy which im guessing is a failure because of the misfire. I bought another OEM lifter from mopar and i am going to get it swapped out. Im currently not driving the truck i just move it across the street cause of street sweeping because it wants to die whenever it is in low idle, i understand this might be because the truck is not tuned??
Anyone have something similar happen?
Hm. I wonder if the 'local shop' installed the kit properly.....

Scomer412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if their lifters are still junk. I had HPP performace in Dallas to a stage 1 cam kit from TSP and my truck runs worse then stock. I’m praying I don’t need to pull the heads and replace with mopar lifters. Do you know if the 2013 TSP lifters are bad still?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cam swaps require a custom tune if its no OE spec cam.
It will run like garbage, this is why the tuner will send you a startup tune.
Id start there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500