Limited slip differential problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum .
I have a 2012 RAM 1500 .
So I'm having problems with my LSD the truck is new to me so I'm not 100% sure if this is normal or not the paper I got with the truck said it had LSD but when I spin the tired the passenger side tire spins hard but the driver side only gives a quarter turn at a time with traction control turned off . This only happens on the road if I'm in the dirt both tires will spin hard ... My experience with LSD I normally can spin both tires hard no matter the surfaces I was on

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you add your VIN to the end of the link below it will show your build list. Scan all the way through for rear end details. It should state Anti-Spin Differential if it has the LSD. If you are on level ground and both tires have same amount of traction, both should spin pretty evenly but sometimes weight distribution or rocking side to side can make the traction uneven. It's not a locker but usually works pretty well until you start adding major power adders.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum .
I have a 2012 RAM 1500 .
So I'm having problems with my LSD the truck is new to me so I'm not 100% sure if this is normal or not the paper I got with the truck said it had LSD but when I spin the tired the passenger side tire spins hard but the driver side only gives a quarter turn at a time with traction control turned off . This only happens on the road if I'm in the dirt both tires will spin hard ... My experience with LSD I normally can spin both tires hard no matter the surfaces I was on
^x2. Limited slip, not locking diff.