Looking for New Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartyPete181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2011 2500 Ram currently sitting on the stock steel wheels, 17s. I am looking for new wheels and tires but don't even know where to begin honestly. I've seen some tire conversion charts around, but I can't even really picture what those sizes would look like actually mounted on a truck.

I would like to get something a little bigger, but don't want to go so big that I need to put a lift on to fit them, or add fender flares because they stick out too much. Not sure if I should go with 18s or 20s, or what size tires around them. I personally like the look of a meatier off road tire, rather than thinner tires on larger wheels.

Just wondering what size and type wheels and tires everyone is running on their own trucks. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice! Pic is the truck in question, taken on my phone might be low quality, sorry!

20170925_172745.jpg

OP
OP
P

PartyPete181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
18” wheels with nitto trail grappler tires.
If you don't mind me asking, what size tires wrapped around them? Looks like a pretty sweet set up! And what type of wheels? I found it hard to find many that were solid black, most had black spokes or accents but not solid black. Thanks again

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Look up fuel wheels and falken wildpeak at3 you will not be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdfrakes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out the gallery feature at Custom Offsets. You search by vehicle and the size/offset wheels you are looking at and you can see what other people are running with pictures. I did a lot of research there before I bought my 18's with 35" tires.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
What type of driving conditions are you encountering?

If it’s 95% paved road why get an aggressive off-road tire.

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Check out the gallery feature at Custom Offsets. You search by vehicle and the size/offset wheels you are looking at and you can see what other people are running with pictures. I did a lot of research there before I bought my 18's with 35" tires.

Do you have a lift/level
I put 18x8.5 on my 17 2500 with 0

Do you have any lift/level
I put 18x8.5 0 offset wheels on my 17 2500 hemi
And when I wear out the factory tires I would like to go 35's
But I do not want to lift/level it

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't recommend 18" wheels. You can get 20" wheels and tires cheaper.

My truck was leveled with Thuren Springs in the front only.
I had 17" 0 offset wheels - stuck somewhat out - got my truck dirty all the time.
Then went with a 20" wheel and tire combo - offset was wrong -44...

week later went and got Fuel 20" with 20mm offset.

I agree, wheels are hard to shop for. When I got the 17" - I saw them in a catalog and they were pictured in a 5 lug - and of course we have 8 lug - so the wheel was a bit different and didn't fully like them.. but had to live with it.. hard making wheel choices.

TruckNew3.jpg

Truck3 (1).jpg

IMG_8278.JPG

IMG_8489.JPG

Meechi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
motto metal with cooper discovers at3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts