Looking for RP 20-820

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Lol All I want to know.........why is an “oil filter crusher” a thing? And who would pay that much for such a specific machine? How does it return the investment for a shop owner?

Used oil filters still retain quite a bit of oil in the media. Shops then have to pay a specialty service based on weight to take their used un-crushed filter. With a industrial oil filter crusher, they can crush the filter and extract about 95% of the remaining oil out the filter and can then sell the crushed filter metal cans for scrap value. Recovered oil then is either recycled normally or used in waste oil heaters that many shops also have.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used oil filters still retain quite a bit of oil in the media. Shops then have to pay a specialty service based on weight to take their used un-crushed filter. With a industrial oil filter crusher, they can crush the filter and extract about 95% of the remaining oil out the filter and can then sell the crushed filter metal cans for scrap value. Recovered oil then is either recycled normally or used in waste oil heaters that many shops also have.
Gotcha. At first glance it seemed like an odd machine but I guess if your shop does high volume I could see that being a nice thing to have.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Gotcha. At first glance it seemed like an odd machine but I guess if your shop does high volume I could see that being a nice thing to have.

I think it is also dependent on some local or state environmental laws regulating shops break down their oil filter waste also.

Below is a older video showing a industrial oil filter recycling business in how they process used oil filter and recover the metal in large scrap slab ingots for recycling. This is the type of company that would be picking up whole filters from shops.

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol All I want to know.........why is an “oil filter crusher” a thing? And who would pay that much for such a specific machine? How does it return the investment for a shop owner?
When I ran a service department years ago we had an oil filter crusher. It saved us a bunch because the company that took our used filters away charged by the barrel. So when crushed we could get tons more filters into the barrel saving costs.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t limit yourself to Royal purple, look at any respectable brand with how many “parts per” they filter out. I use Royal Purple and Amsoil which makes great filter’s and I’ve run their products for years with great success. Fram and Mobil 1 for synthetic oil also offer protection up 20,000 miles.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Try mopac auto in canada. Shipping might not make it worth it but worth a shot.