midgrade vs premium gas 5.7hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohbutyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run 87 most of the time as cant tell any power difference to the #1 when i do use it. Maybe it shows up a bit at the strip, but not on my buttmeter . Mileage? no idea as I hate to check it at the best of times. I would expect it will advance the timing a hair with it and improve it a bit as all my other cars that required #1 did.. Don't worry bout knocks or rough running, knock sensors and computers fixed that, has for 20 years, and if it hasn't, then theres a problem with your truck.

gmooney72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I personally run 93 octane in my Hemi. Not many gas stations here carry 89 octane. And even though it is alright to run 87 octane, according to our specs, it carries ethanol which I don't like. I like running the higher octane, price difference is only 10 cents. :favorites13:

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just going to pos the same thing. as above. I run 89 as I have noticed the engine responsiveness is more sluggish when running 87. As for 91 I will run it if I can get it ethanol free. i'll run 87 if I can get ethanol free. Anything to get away from that garbage.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I run Costco 92 grade. I was running 89 but could hear some valve ticking (or what I think to be valve ticking). It went away after a few tanks of 92.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Normal everyday operation I run E0 89... When towing during the camper during the summer months I run E0 91... Which is the highest octane I can get at the pumps here...