Molten Mango question solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Yea that looks like a burnt orange colour, could be lighting as well.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
One added perk to that color if you add some yellow flashing lights, you can drive through construction zones in that open lane that nothing is happening in for miles...lol

dingo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would look much better with the bed decal. Regardless, you're never going to get around the fact that people are going to think you work on a road crew.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Some of y'all are harsh haha

I think it looks good and is a nice ode to one of the High Impact colors Mopar was known for in the late 60's and early 70's.

Mopar

For 1970, both marques' day-glow palette were completely analogous and grouped under the High Impact banner: Tor Red/Hemi Orange, Vitamin C/Go Mango, Lemon Twist/Top Banana (FY1), Limelight/Sublime (FJ5), and In Violet/Plum Crazy (FC7). Midyear, Moulin Rouge/Panther Pink (FM3) and Sassy Grass Green/Green Go (FJ6) were added. For 1971, Curious Yellow/Citroen Yella (GY3) and EL5 were added to EV2, FY1 (added 9/70), FC7, and FJ6. EV2 was available through 1972 and FY1 through 1973 before the drab 1970s commenced.

picture231-jpg.jpg

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's a 75th right? They don't do the bed decals if I recall. I don't know why not. It's my favorite part of the truck although I'd rather them be painted on.

OP
OP
M

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn't sure about the color with all the controversy between the Molten Orange and Go Mango. Definitely appears to be Go Mango.

I think I'll trade mine in on one. I am in construction after all...

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Back in the day I had a 69 Roadrunner 440+6 that came from the factory in Bahama Yellow with the black fiberglass lift off hood. Guessing the original owner wanted something that would stand out. When i bought the car it was already repainted Tor Red. Wish i still had that car...

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I watched a video last night. Must be the first molten orange/go mango to land..they are all on the way. As stated wasn't much a mystery to me but more the dealers. My order said paint code PVP...that's like 2016-2021 go mango used on chargers and challengers..the gentleman from california his paperwork he claims did not say pvp anywhere ...regardless a great color.. I myself like the old school throw back power wagon bed graphics. In looking at the truck and watching the video I do believe the bead rings in orange because of the size and shape would probably be over the top. I think the gloss black powder coated wheel looks great. I have a hood decal and a rear quarter decal to add Immediately. My 31 year old son said it looks like a muscle truck..in true bold fashion mopar lays it on the line...from there air grabber hood and bold colors back in the day mopar dared to be different. The gentleman from california truck had landed and will be at the dealer soon. The anvil looks stunning as well. We will see if mopar opens up ordering again on orange or anvil ..

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I watched a video last night. Must be the first molten orange/go mango to land..they are all on the way. As stated wasn't much a mystery to me but more the dealers. My order said paint code PVP...that's like 2016-2021 go mango used on chargers and challengers..the gentleman from california his paperwork he claims did not say pvp anywhere ...regardless a great color.. I myself like the old school throw back power wagon bed graphics. In looking at the truck and watching the video I do believe the bead rings in orange because of the size and shape would probably be over the top. I think the gloss black powder coated wheel looks great. I have a hood decal and a rear quarter decal to add Immediately. My 31 year old son said it looks like a muscle truck..in true bold fashion mopar lays it on the line...from there air grabber hood and bold colors back in the day mopar dared to be different. The gentleman from california truck had landed and will be at the dealer soon. The anvil looks stunning as well. We will see if mopar opens up ordering again on orange or anvil ..

What’s your rear quarter decal look like?

my dealer said I can still change my color up until the time it goes to D status. So he keeps checking the anvil option for me.

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s your rear quarter decal look like?

my dealer said I can still change my color up until the time it goes to D status. So he keeps checking the anvil option for me.
I put a photo in the 75 thread. Lol are you still thinking about changing the color? Get your money back and grab and anvil as it seems like there are at least a few unspoken for ones at dealers right now....

Stooge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work at the dealer that I ordered mine at. I first ordered it towards the end of September and then went to check on it oct 1 and he couldn’t find it and thought the order didn’t go through so he ordered another one to find out a month ago that the first order did go through. Now they have two go mango power wagons exactly alike.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny they didn't get the black on the bottom..looks good either way. But imo they should give a $500 credit if you don't get the two tone..just like no credit for decal delete..
I feel like is looks even better as a solid color