Mopar by kicker equivalent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about getting speakers for my truck since walmart now carries kicker and I was wondering which speakers are the equivalent to the mopar by kicker speaker upgrade system(77kick41)? And will they be plug and play like the mopar ones or will I have to splice wires? And will I need an amp to run them(I have the base speakers with the 130 with uconnect radio)

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
i think the mopar kickers are only available from the dealer

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The upgrade is simple plug and play, and they do sound amazing. The DS will fit, but bulge just a tad on the door panel on some. ( 4 door or 2 door) and you will need to change ends of factory wire to plug on them. But I am running my DS693's off the stock HU.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i think the mopar kickers are only available from the dealer

You can buy them online too from like amazon. But I'm trying to find the equivalent since we have a $300 Walmart gift card with nothing to spend it on lol

Thanks

The upgrade is simple plug and play, and they do sound amazing. The DS will fit, but bulge just a tad on the door panel on some. ( 4 door or 2 door) and you will need to change ends of factory wire to plug on them. But I am running my DS693's off the stock HU.

Crew cab truck, would be doing front and back doors. How hard is it to change the ends of the wires?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
changing rear wires is as hard as tying shoes :)
The Ds are a tad harder in the 4 door as they are a little different than the 2 door trucks. But another option is use that $300 card to get 4 channel amp and rear speakers, and get components up front. Then in place of the 6x9, add 6" and tweeter.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
changing rear wires is as hard as tying shoes :)
The Ds are a tad harder in the 4 door as they are a little different than the 2 door trucks. But another option is use that $300 card to get 4 channel amp and rear speakers, and get components up front. Then in place of the 6x9, add 6" and tweeter.

Is this what I would use to change the wire ends, Scosche STK1 Car Speaker Terminal Kit: Auto Electronics : Walmart.com ? I just saw dollar signs everywhere thinking about the install bill to the amp, components, and everything lol. If I could do major wiring myself I was actually thinking of doing a sub or 2(like $80 or $90 for a comp 12") and just having them sit on the back floor but the box alone(they only had a single 10" box made by kicker) was like $135. That's insane. But isn't a ds693 already a component since it has a tweeter?

The ds693 at walmart are $75 a pair, good deal?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes thats a good deal. Coax is when it's mounted to one basket, components are when there is a seperate mid/crossover/tweeter.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes thats a good deal. Coax is when it's mounted to one basket, components are when there is a seperate mid/crossover/tweeter.

Ahh gotcha. Makes sense now. So for the ds693 all I need is 2 sets and then that speaker terminal kit?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes sir...