Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Will using it void the warranty though? And can the deal tell if you've used it? My truck has 3K on it so I'm not wanting to void any warranties just yet.
Nope, just features you can activate that they will charge you to do. Read all about it under ALFAOBD. it's crazy what they will buckle and find you for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Nickle and dime*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I just paid $200 to get my DRL's turned on, and now they need to be turned back off to use these lights? What?

It contradicts what I was told by JJ at retroshop a few months ago. Again all this back and forth crap will go away once some start to land in owners hands.

The headlights are paid for I'm in despite all the negatives that have been brought up and I plan to create a thread with pictures, my thoughts, functionality checks, and a video once I have them.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
They are my lights and I want them now!!! Lol

OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure this has been posted already but for those worried about light output, here is a video by headlight revolution from October when they did a light output test with the reflector, projecter, and the Morimoto prototype. Remember it’s a prototype so production run could have more output.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
View attachment 152380 Asked a question got an answer. Not sure if I like having to fuse tape.

The factory DRL won’t have to be turned off. If there’s no pin going to the new headlights it’s not going to affect anything at all so that info is not accurate. I had Recons that I fuse tapped without any issues and my factory DRLs were activated but obviously not being utilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a closer date I mean I ordered these in September. It was supposed to be December now end of January they already charged my credit card. I know I was one of the first pre orders also.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Does anyone have a closer date I mean I ordered these in September. It was supposed to be December now end of January they already charged my credit card. I know I was one of the first pre orders also.

Your thoughts are exactly what I know I would have went through which is why I didn't order them. I would be losing my mind over 1k+

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your thoughts are exactly what I know I would have went through which is why I didn't order them. I would be losing my mind over 1k+

It’s crazy how do You take my money then not give me a product for 4 months

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back in September they were being sold as a preorder with an expected shipment date of end of December or early January. Then they released an update saying "hey there's a problem, we want to fix it, so give us a extra bit of time" and now they are projecting end of January. I understand being antsy and wanting a new part to install, but wouldn't you be willing to wait another month for a better product?

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
I’ll order a set, but it’ll be 6 months or so after the first ones are made and the bugs are fixed. :)

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back in September they were being sold as a preorder with an expected shipment date of end of December or early January. Then they released an update saying "hey there's a problem, we want to fix it, so give us a extra bit of time" and now they are projecting end of January. I understand being antsy and wanting a new part to install, but wouldn't you be willing to wait another month for a better product?

It's true it's better to wait for a better product but there are limits to everything. Why not wait until March then, it would be even better, or better yet June, then the lights would be super duper amazing.

The problem I have with them is they took preorders seemingly to fund R&D and testing when they should have done all of that already before taking preorders. It also seems when there was a lot of talk about how they wouldn't compare to HID's and just be better than the stock bulbs that the ship date started to be pushed back, probably for more R&D, and/or they didn't get the preorders they'd hoped they would get to begin with.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The factory DRL won’t have to be turned off. If there’s no pin going to the new headlights it’s not going to affect anything at all so that info is not accurate. I had Recons that I fuse tapped without any issues and my factory DRLs were activated but obviously not being utilized.

I don't get how Morimoto can design something from the ground up to fit a known vehicle and not make it completely plug and play. They already know what wiring harness they are plugging into and what pins get energized, not to mention what pin gets energized when the DRL's are on. So since they know this, why would the DRL need to be fuse tapped and not just powered by the harness?

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

But don’t release a pre order status without first working out the bugs. Theretrofitsource had them on their Instagram mounted on a new ram. Then they accepted pre orders. You think that they would work out the kinks then do the pre order. Instead of doing pre orders then saying ohhhh btw thanks for your money but we have issues with the headlights. I’ll be more patient if they released more information on the lights. If they explained why it’s taking so long. Example them saying hey we are making them brighter and working out the kinks with the DRL I’d be ok with that. But no update.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't get how Morimoto can design something from the ground up to fit a known vehicle and not make it completely plug and play. They already know what wiring harness they are plugging into and what pins get energized, not to mention what pin gets energized when the DRL's are on. So since they know this, why would the DRL need to be fuse tapped and not just powered by the harness?

My thoughts exactly it is so stupid it makes no sense.

DeepDigger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a separate pin, or is it controlled by the computer? What I mean is, you can choose which lights to activate as DRL in alfaOBD, and it will adjust the voltage to that particular light. Say projectors with the turn signals selected = 100 % brightness, choose hi beams and the voltage to the light drops to, lets say, 50%. This is why I think it is a computer setting rather than a pin. Just my 2 cents, could be wrong.