Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interesting. Others have said the output is a significant improvement over the quads.

I’d say they’re better than the cheap cheap halogen bulbs. Like If you have stock bulbs in your reflector still, but i don’t think they beat a sylvania silver star ultra. I’m not sure how they say in the description that “the stock output is laughable at best” because these aren’t a whole lot better. Unless I got a bad set but everything works properly so I don’t think that’s the case. So I guess if you want bad ass looking headlights with stock output these are what you want but if your looking for an upgrade in performance don’t waste your money. I’m gonna drive it a little more with them in and see if I can get used to it. May be doing a retrofit instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d say they’re better than the cheap cheap halogen bulbs. Like If you have stock bulbs in your reflector still, but i don’t think they beat a sylvania silver star ultra. I’m not sure how they say in the description that “the stock output is laughable at best” because these aren’t a whole lot better. Unless I got a bad set but everything works properly so I don’t think that’s the case. So I guess if you want bad ass looking headlights with stock output these are what you want but if your looking for an upgrade in performance don’t waste your money. I’m gonna drive it a little more with them in and see if I can get used to it. May be doing a retrofit instead

Yeah, if I’m told X months for replacement. No thanks, will go retro.

timpaine1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 l v6 diesel
really its a amazing update regarding Morimoto Headlights. appreciated for such kind of details inf.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Joemagnum,
I came from ultra ss in my quads, and until I actually adjusted new ones I would have agreed with you. But once I adjusted mine they far out did the best my quads ever did.
Hope you have better luck with yours.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Joemagnum,
I came from ultra ss in my quads, and until I actually adjusted new ones I would have agreed with you. But once I adjusted mine they far out did the best my quads ever did.
Hope you have better luck with yours.

I’ll have to double check my adjustment. I have a 6” lift and haven’t been able to find a level surface to aim them so maybe they are just pointed way too high right now. I haven’t touched the adjustment screws so that could be it too. If the high/low beam plug and the signal plug were backwards things probably wouldn’t work right? I thought maybe I plugged them in opposite and there’s different voltages or something but everything functions properly so I doubt that’s the problem

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
High and low would work for sure.

Here is what looked like after adjustments.

WV_Ram;28960567 said:
Here ya go.5035dda3bc00d61ef7bebc80757e4158.jpg07cec64c526a325ab794254e23b43f75.jpg54840531bbf7250c15c025d6f74c132c.jpgf978f3732629cb0a89bc7f11e799164e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your saying everything would still work properly if the plugs were backwards?

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your saying everything would still work properly if the plugs were backwards?

Stupid auto correct. High and low would NOT work correct.

Ok got it that time.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok haha that’s what I thought, I will try and get them aimed some night and see if it helps. Thanks a lot!

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well came home and looked at lights 75* today and looks like the lenses are acting like a magnifying glass. I’ve heard the original black ram lights did the same thing that’s why they switched to chrome on the inside.

B9CDB206-3B5F-4635-8BF0-8B2B59A53813.jpeg

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well came home and looked at lights 75* today and looks like the lenses are acting like a magnifying glass. I’ve heard the original black ram lights did the same thing that’s why they switched to chrome on the inside.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I hope you contacted, or are going to, Morimoto - Retro Source about this, let them know. They may be recalling a bunch of lights if this is going to happen... summer's coming, this would, or could affect a lot of owners who just got their hands on them. Ouch.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope you contacted, or are going to, Morimoto - Retro Source about this, let them know. They may be recalling a bunch of lights if this is going to happen... summer's coming, this would, or could affect a lot of owners who just got their hands on them. Ouch.

Haha, at least his lights turn on

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the process now it’s not so much a heat thing as it’s more of a direction of sun to lenses to create a magnifying effect like when you where a kid and burning ants.

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang...I've been looking forward to buying these lights, sadly I'm not giving up $1350 for all these headaches.
Gonna get some sweet retrofits...pics in a couple weeks.
Sorry Morimoto, just can't take that chance

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 166002

Damn, everyone better keep an eye on their lights

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those of still waiting... tomorrow is the latest promise date- Anyone else still waiting on tracking info?

Rick D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick update: Jimmy07 thanks for the advise. I contacted Retrofit Source and they sent me a tap harness for an F150 and it fit my fuse box just fine. Tapped M8 like you said because I don't have heated seats or steering. The install was easy. The worst part was zip tying the tap cable to a logical place. Now I have to aim them. Of course the factory adjustment hole does not line up with the XBs so I'm torn between taking them in and out or drilling a new access hole. Also, I had to use electrical tape to hold the connectors together because they were just short of snapping in to be able to lock them in place with the red tab.

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of still waiting... tomorrow is the latest promise date- Anyone else still waiting on tracking info?

Nothing yet and I’m a little worried the whole China tariff thing may delay them if they’re not already stateside. Hopefully I’m wrong