Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The reason manufacturers use 35w hid from factory instead of 55w is reliability. So to say LED isn't as bright as something that isn't necessarily reliable isn't really a fair comparison.

Now compare LED to more reliable 35w hid setups and led matches or wins in most cases.

Fwiw I have had vehicles with factory hids that have never had a single issue, ranging from 4 to 16 years old.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

[emoji2357] I have been continuously been saying that these are comparable to a 35W hid kit but nothing close to a 55W, but in absolutely no instances does LED surpass HID in output. You will not convince me they do I’ve had every type of light setup under the sun. LED will only surpass hid in reliability and is the number one reason car manufacturers use them. So output will always go to HIDs until the led technology get better, and Reliability will always go to LED

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright a buddy asked me what direction he needs to turn the nut for left-right adjustment. I didn’t have to adjust mine from right to left so I can’t tell him. But is it left to go right and right to go left on the drivers side and vise versa on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
2012 ram 3500
I’ve had mine for a few weeks now and just noticed a problem. The switch for my lights works fine in park, but when I put it in drive my high beams come on. They come on with each setting except when I put my lights in the on position. I’m just now starting to research this and made it through about 15 pages on the forum and couldn’t take it anymore. There’s way too many posts about these lights.

And anyone that feels the need to give me **** for not reading all the posts, remember it’s 38 pages.
You had factory daytime running lights. Get AlfaOBD and disable DRL.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

IIIstonesIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You had factory daytime running lights. Get AlfaOBD and disable DRL.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Thank you for a nudge in the right direction. I’m not entirely sure how alfaobd works so I’ll have to do some research

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a youtube video showing the headlights working.

Goes: Daytime running lights, parking lights, low beams, high beams, and back down.

I thought that the indicators were sequential..

Did you manage to fix all the issues that you had with them?

OP
OP
Arth

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I thought that the indicators were sequential..

Did you manage to fix all the issues that you had with them?

The turns can be either sequential or not.

Yes all of my issues have been fixed.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I still can't get shots at night straight on blinding. I'm good with the end result. The sequential also has people breaking there necks. It sexy as hell in my oppinion right up there with Audi and others. Wish my tails did something similar.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
68202013093915030e66dd7c126ae2f4.jpg

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering the price difference, I'm wondering.. Morimoto vs modifystreet

I suppose with the vast difference in price, there must be a difference in quality. Or is that just my reasoning to justify the cost?

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ModifyStreet also came out with a Gen2 that look even nicer imo.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Considering the price difference, I'm wondering.. Morimoto vs modifystreet

I suppose with the vast difference in price, there must be a difference in quality. Or is that just my reasoning to justify the cost?
In my opinion those ones look like junk. Hate how the drls look. Have not seen them in person but doubt they are as bright as the morimoto ones

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my opinion those ones look like junk. Hate how the drls look. Have not seen them in person but doubt they are as bright as the morimoto ones

It sounded like he said the knock offs are also LED. If that’s the case there is no way these will have better output than the Morimotos. Especially with only 1 projector for the lows and and 1 for the highs. They might have had something if they were HID projectors. Would have been nice if the Morimotos gave buyers the option between led and hid

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Design wise the DRLs dont look too far off vs the Morimotos, to me anyway. Performance? Well, I wouldnt expect them to perform better than the 1300.00 MOrimotos, but if they even get close its a bargain.

I *do not* like their second gen, the ones with the smoked lens/DRL. I bought the first gen and plan on modding them with the second gen features (upper and lower DRL, sequential switchback for lower DRL/turn signal)

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Design wise the same but think they just look cheap. Dont like how they look, arent clear like the morimotos. Just my opinion tho
Screenshot_20190528-074629_Gallery.jpg 20190502_174442.jpg

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Design wise the same but think they just look cheap. Dont like how they look, arent clear like the morimotos. Just my opinion tho
View attachment 167680 View attachment 167681

I agree. I was actually expecting the DRLs on the knock offs to look decent. With the glazed white on the DRLs I was expecting the light to be crisp and clean like you see on the 2015 f150s where you can’t see the individual diodes. After seeing the video that’s definitely not the case

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha, I see the difference now.

My truck is white so the not completely clear lens doesn't look TOO bad IMHO

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

It sounded like he said the knock offs are also LED. If that’s the case there is no way these will have better output than the Morimotos. Especially with only 1 projector for the lows and and 1 for the highs. They might have had something if they were HID projectors. Would have been nice if the Morimotos gave buyers the option between led and hid

The highs and lows take a regular h7 bulb (halogen or HID offered). I’ve had them for a while now, and the only thing that pushed me towards them is when it was confirmed that the Morimotos wouldn’t have chrome shrouds. I needed that little bit of chrome to go with my truck scheme. The DRLs are bright (enough for me), and I only have them set for 7.4v, with another 5v to spare if I want to ramp them up. I do wish the diffusers were a little bit “clearer”. For a quarter of the cost, though, they just work...every time. I don’t have to get in the truck at night and think in the back of my head, “is this the night a bulb is gonna die? Is today the day my turn signals are gonna stop working? Am I gonna walk out to my truck and find a melted lens?”
They’re just another option, albeit, not for everyone.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The highs and lows take a regular h7 bulb (halogen or HID offered). I’ve had them for a while now, and the only thing that pushed me towards them is when it was confirmed that the Morimotos wouldn’t have chrome shrouds. I needed that little bit of chrome to go with my truck scheme. The DRLs are bright (enough for me), and I only have them set for 7.4v, with another 5v to spare if I want to ramp them up. I do wish the diffusers were a little bit “clearer”. For a quarter of the cost, though, they just work...every time. I don’t have to get in the truck at night and think in the back of my head, “is this the night a bulb is gonna die? Is today the day my turn signals are gonna stop working? Am I gonna walk out to my truck and find a melted lens?”
They’re just another option, albeit, not for everyone.
not being led is definitely a major plus. But don’t run a 55w hid kit in them. From my own personal experience with headlights with this price tag there is a possibility of the whole housing melting.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not being led is definitely a major plus. But don’t run a 55w hid kit in them. From my own personal experience with headlights with this price tag there is a possibility of the whole housing melting.

I think he was referring to the person who had the housing melt because of a defect inside the Morimoto that turned the sun into a point reflection against the housing, melting it.

At the price tag you refer to, I would expect something like that to happen. But at the price tag of the Morimotos, absolutely not.