New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
K its January wheres the 4.1 for the 13+??? my patience is running real thin at this point lol

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed the Kicker SRAMCQ09 this morning. Install wasnt bad, instructions were adequate. I did add the polyfill as recommended by some other members. I only got to listen to it for about 15min and while it does sound better I was hoping for bit more umph. I have a 7hr one way road trip on Tue and back on Wed so I will get to formulate a more informed opinion at that time.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It takes a week or two to break in. I would let it break in without the polyfil.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can the Kicker SRAMCQ09 be added to a truck with the alpine system?

I saw on another thread that some useres had wire splicing/tapping issues bc that had done it incorrectly and yielded terrible results. How exactly does the Kicker SRAMCQ09 system hook up?

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the 4.1 part number or ordering for the 2013+?

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Good luck with the kicker for the 13+'they have been promising that for 2 years now. I waited a year and finally decided to build a real system. Glad I did because I have been enjoying it for about a year now. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good luck with the kicker for the 13+'they have been promising that for 2 years now. I waited a year and finally decided to build a real system. Glad I did because I have been enjoying it for about a year now. :3681700201_eef6d1e2
Any day now...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

nitromane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did yours have the alpine?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Can the Kicker SRAMCQ09 be added to a truck with the alpine system?

I saw on another thread that some useres had wire splicing/tapping issues bc that had done it incorrectly and yielded terrible results. How exactly does the Kicker SRAMCQ09 system hook up?
Yes, you will need to pull the Alpine 8"

Any update on the 4.1 part number or ordering for the 2013+?
Release is March, had to get all the approvals from Ram (which a majority of the time we are waiting on the manufacture, we cannot go until they give us the green light)
We supply for Ram, Ford, Chevy, Subaru, Chrysler and Toyota, etc, it takes time to get them to approve something their warranty will back.

Glad your enjoying your aftermarket system.

nitromane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Graygoose will there be a amp that works with the Alpine system?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Graygoose will there be a amp that works with the Alpine system?

Not for the front, they have their own settings, but the sub could be replaced, bigger and more power.

I have had my system in for some time now, and agree, let the sub break in, its gotten even better as time goes on.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the March release date? Early March, later in March, did it slip?

Paradigm49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm wondering that as well. I have a 2015 Black Express and will be swapping out the speakers but would love to have an amp that i can just connect in-line and not have to do any re-wiring (honestly the XM and usb/mp3 works just fine for me but want something a tad cleaner and more powerful) I am defintely curious when this amp will come out since i just found out the hard way that the other models won't work with a 2015.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sorry, been on vacation. Let me check.

If you change the speakers, the front 4.1 amp will change sound, as its intended for OEM speakers. Even on my 2015, after the amp was added, the stock speakers suffice for me.

GuardiRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ram people. I'm going to chime in on this audio thread. I did the SRAMCQ09 install in my '12 Laramie /w Alpine.
1.Dash changed to JBL302 silk tweeters for warmth. I removed the center...(it seemed to affect the phone volume) but may get another JBL but may try some 3.5 from an old Bose which I liked.
2. Front doors changed to 6.5 3ohm seperates and at some point planned on changing roof speakers to tweets(got lazy) but after living with the 6.5 I am comtemplating going back to Alpine stock which was a pretty well built woofer and seemed louder to my daughters 13 y/o ears. If some actual 2ohm 6.5 don't sound fuller...Infinitys 6??32. I've run Alpine products as long as I've driven and been into car audio...they're quality so this amp may be sensitive to an ohm. (More on this later)
3. Switched rear doors to 6033's by infinity...3way set 2ohms and they are loud...crisp and clean.
Now to the sub...Installed in about 2hrs...I'm slow. Easy to run power and get at OEM amp removing one or two panels. Removing panels and running wiring a snap in this truck. (I'm second guessing why I took this route. ) get the 10 inch square sub under the rear seat...attach the amp under the drivers seat and Im booming. LOUD...I was intoxicated with it and started living with "concert sound "(see my other post) until...
It just seemed TOO much so I tried dampening material. Kicker suggested changing phase. Not much changed. They said it would break in...
It keep cutting out and on occasion would unintentionally HO to full volume. I checked connections over and over. The power connection is "blind" inside an inset and I never trusted it. I did a more permanent fix which seemed to help but not for long. I further looked at the dub itself and got 1.4-1.5/6 ohm readings....Hmmm.
There are four terminals to the sub and I got 1.5 on either set. Maybe one is the power terminals and other signal...or it's a DVC sub which I doubt. The amp is either seeing 1.5 or .75. Either way maybe mines defective so....IT WENT BACK.
Alas...no bass love do I got the Pioneer which seems "better " than stock with its two 1.5 VC's. Now here is what I tried. I ran the Pioneer in true parallel which means the little Alpine amp saw .75. The little Puoneer 8" bottomed out....I switched it back to OEM wiring....which may be serial. I may put OEM Alpine sub in and compare until...

I've ordered an Audiocontrol LC2i and going to run my old Memphis MC1000D to either two 8 W3v3...or one 10"Type X(maybe too deep). Already have taps on sub wires from previous install for signal.

I imagine the LC2i will need power sense it's active. Anybody have a good place to power bedsides coming from battery?

It'll be Golden then...fun journey thus far. Hope there is info which can be used here...nice group of folks on this forum

Last edited:

GuardiRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ram people. I'm going to chime in on this audio thread. I did the SRAMCQ09 install in my '12 Laramie /w Alpine.
1.Dash changed to JBL302 silk tweeters for warmth. I removed the center...(it seemed to affect the phone volume) but may get another JBL but may try some 3.5 from an old Bose which I liked.
2. Front doors changed to 6.5 3ohm seperates and at some point planned on changing roof speakers to tweets(got lazy) but after living with the 6.5 I am comtemplating going back to Alpine stock which was a pretty well built woofer and seemed louder to my daughters 13 y/o ears. If some actual 2ohm 6.5 don't sound fuller...Infinitys 6??32. I've run Alpine products as long as I've driven and been into car audio...they're quality so this amp may be sensitive to an ohm. (More on this later)
3. Switched rear doors to 6033's by infinity...3way set 2ohms and they are loud...crisp and clean.
Now to the sub...Installed in about 2hrs...I'm slow. Easy to run power and get at OEM amp removing one or two panels. Removing panels and running wiring a snap in this truck. (I'm second guessing why I took this route. ) get the 10 inch square sub under the rear seat...attach the amp under the drivers seat and Zim booming. LOUD...I was intoxicated with it and started living with "concert sound "(see my other post) until...
It just seemed TOO much so I tried dampening material. Kicker suggested changing phase. Not much changed. They said it would break in...
It keep cutting out and on occasion would unintentionally HO to full volume. I checked connections over and over. The power connection is "blind" inside an inset and I never trusted it. I did a more permanent fix which seemed to help but not for long. I further looked at the dub itself and got 1.4-1.5/6 ohm readings....Hmmm.
There are four terminals to the sub and I got 1.5 on either set. Maybe one is the power terminals and other signal...or it's a DVC sub which I doubt. The amp is either seeing 1.5 or .75. Either way maybe mines defective so....IT WENT BACK.
Alas...no bass love do I got the Pioneer which seems "better " than stock with its two 1.5 VC's. Now here is what I tried. I ran the Pioneer in true parallel which means the little Alpine amp saw .75. The little Puoneer 8" bottomed out....I switched it back to OEM wiring....which may be serial. I may put OEM Alpine sub in and compare until...

I've ordered an Audiocontrol LC2i and going to run my old Memphis MC1000D to either two 8 W3v3...or one 10 a Type X(maybe too deep). Already have taps on dub wires for signal.

I imagine the LC2i will need power sense it's active. Anybody have a good place to power bedsides coming from battery?

It'll be Golden then...fun journey thus far. Hope there is info which can be used here...nice group of folks on this forum

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The sub is a 1 ohm sub so the amp runs at 2 ohm.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Greygoose, where you able to find anything out about the release date?

Thanks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just emailed R&D for release date.
Will post back latest date asap.