New Ram Owner needs help with tires and no lift!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jleal21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, awesome forum, I'm looking to put 305/55/20 nitto trail grapplers on my stock wheels, my question is, is this possible without lifting? I have a 2013 sport crew. Please help me or lead me in the right direction. I'm a first time owner too

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey! I don't think it can be done with that size of tire without putting wheel spacers on. Personally I'd never put wheel spacers on anyway. Just had a buddy blow one apart and his wheel &tire went off Into a field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Don't think you're gonna be able to run a 305 wide tire on stock wheels. You'll probably run the upper control arm. Would need wheels with a zero or negative offset or would have to run 1/4 wheel spacers.

A lot of guys say avoid wheel spacers. From all I've read on here, a good quality wheel spacer makes all the difference.

:welcome:

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check your local laws here in the Peoples Republic of PA anything over 1/4 inch wont pass inspection. So if you do upgrade and have to go with spacers that the state doesn't approve of you might want to keep your stock wheels and tires. Or you could always try and grease your mechanics palm.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I am running 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock wheels. Without spacers, I only had about 1/8" of clearance between the back of the tire and the control arm. The problem is that as soon as you turn the wheel, it would barely touch the control arm. I went with a set of 1/4" spacers, and everything is fine. I don't notice any wobble or vibration on the highway, and everything feels solid.

As for passing inspections with spacers, they would have to remove my wheels to even see that the spacer was installed. You cannot see it at all with the wheels installed.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As for passing inspections with spacers, they would have to remove my wheels to even see that the spacer was installed. You cannot see it at all with the wheels installed.

Don't know about Tejas, but here in PA they pull at least two wheels. Usually a front and a back on opposite sides.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Down here, they simply plug into your computer to check for engine codes. If all is good, they check to make sure your headlights and taillights work and then send you on your way.

OP
OP
J

Jleal21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am running 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock wheels. Without spacers, I only had about 1/8" of clearance between the back of the tire and the control arm. The problem is that as soon as you turn the wheel, it would barely touch the control arm. I went with a set of 1/4" spacers, and everything is fine. I don't notice any wobble or vibration on the highway, and everything feels solid.

Hey guys thanks for all your responses. I appreciate yalls input. So it can be done? Where can I get spacers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djse7en