New Recall - 8 spd Rotary Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody have information on the latest recall regarding 8 Speed Rotary Shifter Recall...doesn’t seem to be any detail about what it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took mine in today for the tailgate recall and the service writer said the recall just came out. I asked what it was for and she couldn't tell me. I decline the recall until I get more information.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't find anything about it on the net.

Are we sure it's new and not just the autopark one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Pretty sure it’s a campaign not a recall(not sure what the difference really is). But it could be for the auto park possibly

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Campaigns aren't considered required like a safety recall. They seem to be more customer request driven, although autopark might be a gray area.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I absolutely refused the AutoPark update for my truck, it shows on my owner dashboard as a "campaign" that is not installed on my truck.

But sure enough, my truck does already have it....as I was backing up to my shed a couple weeks ago I (without realizing it) opened my door while the truck was in motion and my seatbelt was off. Sure enough the P light started flashing and the truck refused to go anywhere. That exact scenario is why I didnt want it to begin with, and Im pretty sure the dealer didnt add it (that week I had the cruise recall performed, but the AutoPark campaign is supposed to be a much longer flash, not the 15 minutes I waited there)

I think part of the AutoPark debacle is that they dont know exactly what trucks have it and what dont. Supposedly it was a running change for MY17 production, but my truck was built in Sept '16, so presumably an early build, and it apparently had it....or maybe its there in a lot of trucks but just needs to be turned on for some? Who knows.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
U07 recall is the same idea as the U05. It adds the auto park functionality. The U07 applies to 2013-2016 trucks with the 8 speed.

Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh my 2018 has the autopark feature. My face is still sore from finding out it was there when i was pulling the car up my driveway and opened the door to see if im not on the grass...OUCH!!! Mine didnt blink, the truck just slammed into park.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Oh my 2018 has the autopark feature. My face is still sore from finding out it was there when i was pulling the car up my driveway and opened the door to see if im not on the grass...OUCH!!! Mine didnt blink, the truck just slammed into park.

Because that’s good for your transmission. :sarcasm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I saw auto park pop up on this new module I have that allows me to change and add things like DRL, tow mirrors present, etc...

I wonder if I will be able to disable it if they perform the recall on my truck.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARTH:

Do Not allow them to do the recall on the autopark. You will not like it. Why I have seat belt extenders I can plug into seatbelt then I can open my door when in a tight spot like garage, trailering and stuff, going either direction. I can't count how many times I get in/out when doing hay and such, hence a work around...

Wat are you using for your programming? I can turn on/off stuff but my DRL's are set to 100% headlights if I turn on. I asked Dealer to change DRL to park lights and they said, on 2019, cannot be done. Think I hearing BS but my only option would be to get into tuner stuff and change myself, hence the reason for the question.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARTH:

Do Not allow them to do the recall on the autopark. You will not like it. Why I have seat belt extenders I can plug into seatbelt then I can open my door when in a tight spot like garage, trailering and stuff, going either direction. I can't count how many times I get in/out when doing hay and such, hence a work around...

Wat are you using for your programming? I can turn on/off stuff but my DRL's are set to 100% headlights if I turn on. I asked Dealer to change DRL to park lights and they said, on 2019, cannot be done. Think I hearing BS but my only option would be to get into tuner stuff and change myself, hence the reason for the question.

Using AlfaOBD. Only works for 2013-2018 that I know of.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I just got the campaign notice from Carfax... U07.

I don't take my truck to the dealer often so I won't have to worry about getting it. If I do end up getting it however I will be checking to see if I can disable it using the alfaOBD software.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mine came with autopark. I hate it. Very hard to hook up to trailers and campers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Once you know it's there so you don't wreck the trans or hurt yourself getting jarred by the abruptness of it the autopark isn't a big deal. I have to back trailers onto trailers so there's not much room for errors and can manage with it just fine and with the reverse camera hooking up a trailer is easier than its ever been. Not too hard to wear a seatbelt or plug it in behind your back if you really need to open the door to back up. Never had to load a camper but I imagine I'd just look out the back window to line it up. I was originally against it, but had the recall done when it went in for service and it really hasn't been the problem I thought it would be.

Andrew Canton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sounds like a thing to avoid! Would my 2015 EcoDiesel have this feature? I don't really want to find out for myself...

brentwasham

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Tradesman, metallic red with wheel-to-wheel black sidesteps and fender flares, factory wheels
Engine
Scary, hope my '13 never gets it. If it applied the brakes could tolerate, but don't want to tear up my transmission!

wfscooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it without asking when I took my truck in for the tailgate recall. Ever since my truck has been jerking when I go from park to drive, and when it down shifts to first coming to a stop. Already called dealer about removing it, and he said put a few miles on it, it should smooth back out. Something about the update cleared the shifting history. Probably bs. :(

2016 Ram 1500 Sport