New vehicle ADHD hit me again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, not brand new, but a used 2019 Ram 1500 classic, crew cab, SLT, hemi, 4x4 that is, to replace my 2017 Ram 1500, QC, 4x4, pentastar. Between this COVID19 crap and being so busy at work and home, I needed some serious cheerin' up. LOL. New truck always does the trick.

I've been poking around for a crew cab to replace my quad. That was the main thing. I honestly would have stuck with the Pentastar I liked that powertrain so much, but it's about impossible to find a crew cab with a pentastar given I like the more basic trim packages (and cost).

The new one has just under 15K miles on it. The 2017 has just over 55K miles.

Did the transaction through Enterprise car sales, so the new one was a previously farted in rental. I've bought lots of ex-rentals over the years and never once have had a problem. This would be my first time buying direct through the rental car company and WOW was it nice!! SO nice compared to a conventional dealer. So low key. Zero pressure. Super helpful. Highly recommend it.

Here's the new vs. the old..

GkhuZ4cl.jpg
odXepYJl.jpg

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Very nice! Congrats.

Never gave it a thought to buy from rental company. I need to remember that the next time I'm ready to buy.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_20200314_143052.jpg

Looks just like mine I bought 3 months ago right before the covid thing happened also an SLT hemi 4x4 crew cab with the 6.4 bed had 12 k on it. Congrats I think you bought my trucks doppelganger. Lol mine was a rental also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks just like mine I bought 3 months ago right before the covid thing happened also an SLT hemi 4x4 crew cab with the 6.4 bed had 12 k on it. Congrats I think you bought my trucks doppelganger. Lol mine was a rental also.

LOL! Same truck, but mine has the shorter 5'7" bed and 17" wheels. I would have preferred the longer bed just to have it. I actually prefer the 17" wheels. I think the big spongy sidewall of them gives a better ride than the 20"s and the 17"s are better in the snow.

The day after I bought mine, the Syracuse store got in a black SLT like yours w/ the long bed w/ 12K miles on it for like $27K. Prices are up a bit. I got mine for $27K.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 20 inch rims on mine and also paid 27k I live about 20 miles north of Syracuse bought my truck at techforce auto in Bridgeport ny

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
3.21 rear end?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice! That blue is my favorite color. Congrats.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Very nice,my next truck will also be a crew cab.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never owned a V8 is my life so this could go badly for me LOL.

Now THAT is funny!! Baby steps....lol
Great looking blue! Almost jealous!!
When I went to trade my 17 with 68k I wanted to look at the blue one they advertised. It wouldnt start, salesman running around like a headless chicken to charge it so we could drive it, another salesman came looking for the keys as another couple put a down on it the day before!!
Oh, we have another Bighorn we can give you the same price for.....ya right!
Price was right, Granite crystal metallic with 30 miles.
Love this color

20200506_090920.jpg

20200508_123434.jpg

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks. Even before I started negotiations my sales person at enterprise said they go by KBB for trade in values. I was expecting $17K based on what KBB says. I got $18K which was top end of KBB's "good condition" and she said she would have been able to go "excellent" value if the miles were lower. They didn't even mention my mangled front bumper from a deer strike, all the (mostly) touched up scratches and the tires with about 30% life left on them.

I should have held out for some more $.

I paid $22900 for this truck used 28-29months ago.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Thanks. Even before I started negotiations my sales person at enterprise said they go by KBB for trade in values. I was expecting $17K based on what KBB says. I got $18K which was top end of KBB's "good condition" and she said she would have been able to go "excellent" value if the miles were lower. They didn't even mention my mangled front bumper from a deer strike, all the (mostly) touched up scratches and the tires with about 30% life left on them.

I should have held out for some more $.

I paid $22900 for this truck used 28-29months ago.
Man that’s a great price!!!!!!!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice looking truck. CarMax is a nice place to work with, no pressure at all, they move trucks around from other locations, often for free, and the price is the price (and are reasonable). Sold my mom's car to them outright without buying anything, gave great money and was less than a half hour start to finish.

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I've never heard many bad things about CarMax.

I do have to say, I've bought dozens of cars from dealerships over the past 30+yrs. Enterprise car sales was very refreshing to deal with. No games. Your sales person does it all. No running to check with a manager, etc. My sales person literally sat in my trade in. Started it. Shut it off, came in and printed out the KBB offer. Didn't really walk around it, open the tailgate, etc. I shoulda held out for a few more bucks. LOL

I really got a deal on my 2017 when I bought it used w/ 12K miles on it from a little Buick/GMC/Cadillac dealer. It sat on their lot and they kept dropping the price. That's what got me into the whole Ram world..err.. sickness.! I wasn't really looking, but I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new ride. Along with the color, you will enjoy hemi fun factor.

kolya

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v-6
Watch for great deals from Credit Unions! I just sold a primo ex-Enterprise Sahara Wrangler yesterday that I bought 6 years ago with incentives that were offered from my CU. In Jan 2019 I bought a 2018 Ram 1500, 4x4, SLT, QC, Pentastar from Enterprise with 11,000 miles. They delivered it from Atlanta which was a 200 mile round trip. My CU offered a great rate for a vehicle under 5 years old, and a reduction for a Enterprise vehicle. 5 years @ 2.34 %. An extra $100 toward the principle every month and I feel no pain.