Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duff44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings Turbo
I just recently purchased a used 2014 Ram 6.7 Cummings Turbo diesel. w about 85 000miles. Love the truck, but I just had a mechanic take a look and he told me the truck has been completely deleted. I am no Mechanic by no means. Truck does not roll coal but this dealership had it pass NY inspection and I purchased a warranty without any disclosure the truck was deleted. Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

I have no idea what "the truck was deleted" means but somebody might.

Red

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2L
"deleting" typically involves removing some or all of the exhaust emissions components... I don't believe just because it doesn't roll coal necessarily means some of the components haven't been deleted. I'm sure some of the more experienced diesel guys will chime in. Perhaps just your catalytic converters were deleted. How does the truck exhaust sound? Normal? I'm surprised they were able to pass emissions if it actually has any sort of delete. Maybe the mechanic was mistaken...

deletes typically include a tune to correct for the exhaust modifications. Do you know if it has a tune?

off the top of my head some of the parts to look for... catalytic converters... EGR system... DPF... SCR system... not sure if there are other systems involved in "deletes". Key things to look for would be plates blocking off locations that seemingly look like they would normally have some sort of pipe or hose connecting to them...

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

OP
OP
Duff44

Duff44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings Turbo
"deleting" typically involves removing some or all of the exhaust emissions components... I don't believe just because it doesn't roll coal necessarily means some of the components haven't been deleted. I'm sure some of the more experienced diesel guys will chime in. Perhaps just your catalytic converters were deleted. How does the truck exhaust sound? Normal? I'm surprised they were able to pass emissions if it actually has any sort of delete. Maybe the mechanic was mistaken...

deletes typically include a tune to correct for the exhaust modifications. Do you know if it has a tune?

off the top of my head some of the parts to look for... catalytic converters... EGR system... DPF... SCR system... not sure if there are other systems involved in "deletes". Key things to look for would be plates blocking off locations that seemingly look like they would normally have some sort of pipe or hose connecting to them...
So I had it checked out everything you listed is gone. Straight pipe basically. The only thing that filters the engine is my air filter. Sounds good and it does not blow out much black coal. NY does not have emission testing. I am using it to haul my rv, I rv full time. Thank you for responding.

OP
OP
Duff44

Duff44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings Turbo

So I had it checked out everything you listed is gone. Straight pipe basically. The only thing that filters the engine is my air filter. Sounds good and it does not blow out much black coal. NY does not have emission testing. I am using it to haul my rv, I rv full time. Thank you for responding.

Attachments

• 20210820_190240.jpg
    20210820_190240.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210819_184434.jpg
    20210819_184434.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210819_184430.jpg
    20210819_184430.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210819_183408.jpg
    20210819_183408.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 2

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
If no testing, drive it, and enjoy it!