o2 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
I have had an o2 code since my rebuild. I tried to change it myself a long time ago but couldnt get it loose so said fuckit. Anyways the truck has been running fine and my mileage has been like when I bought it new. 19-20 if I don't go to town. I drive like an old man most of the time. But on most weekends, I dog it a little bit. I get on it pretty good and for the 3rd consecutive weekend that code went away. Now, it will come back if history repeats, but I was wondering if anyone had some explanation as to the correlation. Is it exh temp maybe clears some of the buildup on the sensor? Is it temp or fuel feed rate related? Just want to hear some theories.

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P0153 I believe. I'll check it this evening tho.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Possible there is a issue running rich or lean besides everything else that comes up obd2 stuff. Either with air or fuel, I would keep running codes and wait til another one pops up. With increase in mileage just a guess dont flog me, rich air is possible. Did you recently get a cai or have you always had one like before the rebuild. New air filter? So you punted changing the o2 sensor? I would try again, that would be start place uno.

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Possible there is a issue running rich or lean besides everything else that comes up obd2 stuff. Either with air or fuel, I would keep running codes and wait til another one pops up. With increase in mileage just a guess dont flog me, rich air is possible. Did you recently get a cai or have you always had one like before the rebuild. New air filter? So you punted changing the o2 sensor? I would try again, that would be start place uno.
I didnt punt it, I plan on getting them done at a mechanic when I get the front main seal replaced as well. Just havn't gone to town yet. No CAI, has a newish filter changed after rebuild.