Occasional engine stall in 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD4019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
Just bought a 04 Ram 1500 4x4 with 4.7. Test drove went great. I didn’t expect anything great from the 4.7. The next day while idling it died. Then about an hour later and several times since it will bog down for a sec and the wake up. It’s alwUs at a stop or just starting to move when it happens. I’m sure this has been posted but I can’t find it. I’m planning a tune up, (209k miles on it) and I was going to do an engine flush with the oil change. Any suggestions for the stalling out beside the tune up?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Get an oem throttle positioning sensor, not one from a parts store. I had the same issue with an 02 4.7 and I bought 3 parts store sensors that acted the same way, it stopped when I bought a mopar oe sensor.

OP
OP
SD4019

SD4019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
Get an oem throttle positioning sensor, not one from a parts store. I had the same issue with an 02 4.7 and I bought 3 parts store sensors that acted the same way, it stopped when I bought a mopar oe sensor.

Thanks!