Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Please report back if you notice a difference after running it. I sure do and I hope it's not just in my head haha.

I order a case of it every year from Nick@gotexhaust and my dad and I share it between our two RAMs.

We love it and notice a big difference when using it.

Everything's in our heads.

You're good.

Didn't know Nick sold it. Will have to remember that.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Posted for kyle from syn thread, he did get more significant viscosity increase with PEA. So it is something to watch, it is at this time possible for it to go up a grade of weight in oil.

1709383489003-jpeg.jpg

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So for us lesser knowledgeable ones, what is the significance of "add before next oil change"..does it matter when you add the Redline? In the North Country is there a supplier for this stuff you can share?..Thanks

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Deleted........Redline Sl-1 thread related......so removed

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
So for us lesser knowledgeable ones, what is the significance of "add before next oil change"..does it matter when you add the Redline? In the North Country is there a supplier for this stuff you can share?..Thanks

PEA dissolves deposits. Where do dissolved deposits end up? In the oil and oil filter, right? That's the oil analysis report showing thickened oil.

So if you change oil immediately after you run a tank of gas with PEA in it, the gunk is drained out (mostly), right?

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started using S-1 when @Burla mentioned it in a thread sometime back. Did it mostly as a preventative measure once a year. I get it at my local advance auto for $18. Truck had 23k when bought it last year. Has 46k now and getting ready for an oil change. Just switched to 90 octane with no ethanol gas. I must say that 2nd tank of 90 is made a noticeable difference in acceleration. May start putting a bottle in before OC and see if notice anything.

Edit bought truck 4/22.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
After running a full bottle of si-1 your oil smells like a chemical, now two uoas both showed an increase in viscosity, one small one larger by 2 points, so if you visc was 12 it could be 12.1 or up to 14. I do believe this will take more then one bottle, but the risk is noted. Plus, all the carbon it liquefies goes somewhere as well, right into your sump. I'm sure some ends through exhaust, but also oil. So it is a soft suggestion to change oil. However, because of how this works, it is some type of coincidence that the use of this product seams to be most effective in a larger dose then the maintenance dose, so it just seams to make sense to run this at the oil change interval instead of constantly.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Side note or more of a question because I have no idea, but why does si-1 seam to mainly clean around the rings and seamingly leave the top of the pistons with more carbon? Now, you can see especially in the video's that you can also get the tops with enough redline, but generally speaking the best cleaning is on the sides of the top of pistons and the crude around the rings. It happens to be a great feature of this imo as that is what is most important to clean, top of pistons hardly matter, but any idea to why this seams to clean rings and outer pistons better??

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
:confused:

In this thread and many other places across the internet I keep seeing Redline si-1 and also Redline SL-1.

Is this a typo? If not, what is the difference between the two?
When I search on Amazon (USA) for both si-1 and SL-1 the same results are returned, Redline product 60103.

Even the official Redline web page uses a font that makes it easy to confuse an upper case letter "I" with a lower case letter "L" (l).

Screenshot 2024-03-03 112917.png

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Redline does show just the one product for gas engines with a product SKU: 60103, so I guess that's the bottle I should be looking for, and Amazon just doesn't differentiate between the two.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
:confused:

In this thread and many other places across the internet I keep seeing Redline si-1 and also Redline SL-1.

Is this a typo? If not, what is the difference between the two?
When I search on Amazon (USA) for both si-1 and SL-1 the same results are returned, Redline product 60103.

Even the official Redline web page uses a font that makes it easy to confuse an upper case letter "I" with a lower case letter "L" (l).

View attachment 538807
Well it certainly isnt possible that I have been mis spelling that for so long, so the only way to rectify this is to have redline change it to SI-1? I love solving problems, whew.

Good catch :)

Maybe we should ask redline what is the correct spelling. Anyone know what they think these initials mean?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
It's a weird marketing name. Probably before Phillips 66 gobbled them up, by a bunch of science dorks.

Capital S, small l, dash 1. wtf is that supposed to mean when the active chemical is PEA?

*end Sunday rant*

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I never put much thought into it, but I always thought the I was for injector.

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After going to the Redline website and looking for a possible video with the pronunciation I found the description and it appears to be an upper case i. They spell SI-1 in same style as GDI.
Unless of course GDI is been misspelled all along.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When I googled the meaning of SI-1 I got something on diamonds, like yeah guess dave will have to settle it, if he knows that is.

According to mr google, it is a pretty good quality diamond si1, just sayn.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Whats Amsoil PI stand for? Or is it PL?

Awe Amsoil has lower case i everywhere, haha?

"performance improver"

common guys we can figure this out.