Oil Filter Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok sorry if I’m dumb. Fe2? I found the endurance that fits. The part number is fe10060. I don’t see anything that says fe2 or XG2 like the other comment said.

Fram XG2 is about the same physical size as the RP 20-820. If you can fit that RP you can fit the XG2. I did manage to run both of those in my truck but it was tricky getting them in/out.

Now I have a filter relocation kit and can screw on a paint pail if needed lol.

If you look online most catalogs/searches won't say the XG2 "fits" our truck, but it does. They want us to run the smaller versions but most of us prefer the physically bigger filters.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If getting decent 22mmX 1.5 filters is getting hard,i wonder if we all shouldn't be swapping back to the older 3/4-16 filter n!pple and using the old style 3/4-16 filters.
I've been kicking that one around for a bit on my cars,as they have lots of room to run an old school style 30-8 filter,which is alot bigger then the 20-820 filter.

Then my Ford would take the same filter as my Ram. Ooh...I hadn't ever thought of this.

Putting this onto 'next parts order' from dealer list. Thanks!

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If getting decent 22mmX 1.5 filters is getting hard,i wonder if we all shouldn't be swapping back to the older 3/4-16 filter n!pple and using the old style 3/4-16 filters.
I've been kicking that one around for a bit on my cars,as they have lots of room to run an old school style 30-8 filter,which is alot bigger then the 20-820 filter.

How many quarts does your large dual filter system take? Just curious.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Ok sorry if I’m dumb. Fe2? I found the endurance that fits. The part number is fe10060. I don’t see anything that says fe2 or XG2 like the other comment said.

The FRAM FE2 Endurance Synthetic oil filter is the same in size as the Mopar 899/Royal Purple 20-820/Amsoil AEO11/FRAM XG2.

I've opened up both, the FRAM FE2 and the RP 20-820 both are the same in visual comparison and quality with the exception of the base plates. The RP 20-820 has eight inlet holes and the FRAM FE2 has six.

<edited>

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
jw is correct, the fe2 is the larger filter it should fit and it was more beneficial especially because of the less holes. The two filters with 8 full size holes is the 20-820 and the fram ultra. Which is the decision, which is better full synthetic media or two extra holes, would answer the question between what is the second best filter fe2/amsoil ea versus fram ultra. Fram having more holes and the others having better media, which is why I would buy one filter and test it before staying with the fe2, just make sure it isn't restrictive, it is probably fine but the last time I hung a 6 hole filter my truck got a nice tick. It is what it is, hopefully your truck isn't as finicky as mine, I still have the second peice of junk filter because I bought two. So this I say try it before you go buying a bunch.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Then my Ford would take the same filter as my Ram. Ooh...I hadn't ever thought of this.

I have some running around today,that puts me close to my dealer,so i think i'm going to stop by and see if they have the older filter n!pple in stock,if not,i'll order a couple.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
jw is correct, the fe2 is the larger filter it should fit and it was more beneficial especially because of the less holes. The two filters with 8 full size holes is the 20-820 and the fram ultra. Which is the decision, which is better full synthetic media or two extra holes, would answer the question between what is the second best filter fe2/amsoil ea versus fram ultra. Fram having more holes and the others having better media, which is why I would buy one filter and test it before staying with the fe2, just make sure it isn't restrictive, it is probably fine but the last time I hung a 6 hole filter my truck got a nice tick. It is what it is, hopefully your truck isn't as finicky as mine, I still have the second peice of junk filter because I bought two. So this I say try it before you go buying a bunch.

Yep, but those eight inlet holes on the FRAM XG2 vs Royal Purple 20-820 are very small.

I'm not for sure or certain if that could matter, but not everyone's HEMI reacts the same way as someone else's ... so, I guess that would put it what oil/filter combo works.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I have a couple of the n!pples on order,as they don't stock them for the older 5.7's,if i wanted the later 22mmX1.5 n!pple they had them in stock.They're about 7 to 10 days out